1919 Martin Style 1 soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to see this one is up for sale. I know how much you enjoyed it when you got it. Those old Martins have an amazing sound and playability. Those are great cases as well. Good luck!

Thanks EDW. Yes, if it weren't for this crazy pandemic, and its accompanying financial pressures, I'd keep it for sure, even if I can't play sopranos as well as a few years ago. Just looking at or holding such an old historic Martin is a special joy.

Last edited:
Sorry you have to sell, I know you love that uke.

Great uke. Great price. If I didn't already have one, I would have snapped it up even with my pandemic woes. I understand to even hold it feels like a honor sometimes. Good luck with the sale.

Taking this one down. Having some major knee surgery next week, so will be laid up for a few weeks, and not able to mess with shipping, etc. So I'll play it some more while recovering.

Last edited:
In some ways I am happy to hear you are holding on to it. Good luck with the surgery and play lots of uke when recovering. A soprano is perfect for that!

I had two knee replacements 2 years ago-- if you need anyone to talk to.

That one looks familiar.
I went through a knee replacement & recovery last year. I recommend the knee ice machine. Gives you hours of Cold therapy to the general area, with out the freezing cold of an ice pack. Do the exercises but don't over do them and expect slight set backs. The Martin Soprano will help. I wish I had a devise that could project song files on the ceiling. I spent a lot of time on my back with the knee raised.
Keep on Strumming. Dave

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I've already had 2 knee replacements. One of them has failed, the appliance went bad and is totally out of kilter. It only lasted 5 years, not the expected 15-20 years. So it needs to get completely done again, what they call a revision: cut, take out the old, and put in a new one, hopefully anchored in the bones a bit better. Thanks for the tip Dave.

Good luck, John.

I'll second (or second-hand) what Dave said about the knee ice machine. My wife had a partial replacement about five years ago and the machine was an amazing help in her recovery. And she's a nurse, so she needs that knee to work pain-free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom