Anyone own a Romero uke ?

LarryL

Reaction score
I have been lusting over the Romero Baritone 6 string guilele, guitar uke, whatever you call them. I am wondering if anyone owns a Romero and what they think of them. The instrument sounds wonderful in the demo, but thats probably not a surprise. Thanks in advance. I am not sure if it is okay to give a link directly to the instrument, and if not the moderator can delete this thread.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/romero-creations-dh6-spruce-mahogany.html

Last edited:
I have a mahogany Tiny Tenor that I purchased used from a UU member. It needed a setup to adjust the action (thanks, Mim!) but since then it's been a great-playing and great-sounding ukulele. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another if the need and opportunity came up.

I played a Romero Replica uke in the local store. It was amazing. easy to play. nice tone and volume. A little guitar like. It was intoxicating. I thought about it. A week later, it was gone. Such is the life of the UAS hunter, I guess...

I have a Romero concert and a soprano. They are both setup low g from Romero and are great! The concert sounds more like a tenor than a concert and has great resonance. I liked the sound enough to buy the soprano, which is more a small version of the Romero concert than any other soprano I've heard. It's closer to concert ukes in sound than the jangle of many sopranos.

I have a Romero Replica and have played some other models at a local uke shop where the owner says Romero Creations is his favorite non-Hawaiian production uke. In my limited experience, Romeros of different tonewoods sound very alike. And I'd say the Signature/Replica is the most guitar-like of my ukes. I don't find most songs translate instinctively for me from the guitar to ukulele and vice versa, but some guitar riffs seem to come more easily on the Romero Replica. Also it has really long sustain. That said, I'm not the biggest fan of his "pineapple" shape. I think his TT/STC/XS series are smartly designed, but I don't love the way the body shape feels.

I think the Romero you linked is a guilele/guitalele/guitarlele (EADGBE OR ADGCEA), rather than just a 6-string uke (gcCEAA). I just got an Islander guilele, and between its size and the A to A tuning, it's a lot of fun to pick up and noodle around on.

Romero is a reputable company and there are many satisfied owners out there.

Once you use the word "lusting" you need to make the purchase before it is gone. HMS is a great company to buy from and if after you purchase and receive it, you can return it within a week for the cost of return shipping.

Romero is a reputable company and there are many satisfied owners out there.

Once you use the word "lusting" you need to make the purchase before it is gone. HMS is a great company to buy from and if after you purchase and receive it, you can return it within a week for the cost of return shipping.

Yep I have purchased 2 instruments from them, a Pono baritone and an Opio tenor uke and am extremely happy with both. I had the full set up on both of the instruments and they play great ! You are probably right, I better pull the trigger before it is gone !

I have been lusting over the Romero Baritone 6 string guilele, guitar uke, whatever you call them. I am wondering if anyone owns a Romero and what they think of them. The instrument sounds wonderful in the demo, but thats probably not a surprise. Thanks in advance. I am not sure if it is okay to give a link directly to the instrument, and if not the moderator can delete this thread.

I do. I bought mine from Mike at Uke Republic. It is the same one listed on the ukulele site. I love it. It is a pro quality instrument. If you live close to Greenville, SC give me a holler. You are more than welcome to try it out. I bought mine sight unseen. I was intrigued by the concept, so I asked Mike to order me one. I’m glad I did. I Encourage you to go for it.

I have a Romero Grand Tenor, all solid mahogany, bought from alohacityukes.com with free set-up and free shipping. I have 22 ukuleles & the Romero is my favorite by far. The sustain, resonance, and sweetness of this uke is totally amazing!

I own a DHo6 and it is really nice. Excellent quality and sound. A great transition instrument from uke to guitar. Not sure why you want it but it on its own is excellent. They usually are not in stock so move fast if you want one.

I do. I bought mine from Mike at Uke Republic. It is the same one listed on the ukulele site. I love it. It is a pro quality instrument. If you live close to Greenville, SC give me a holler. You are more than welcome to try it out. I bought mine sight unseen. I was intrigued by the concept, so I asked Mike to order me one. I

I have a Grand Tenor, ST Concert and also bought a Replica from an UU member here. They are all wonderful instruments with nice intonation and long sustain. Would love to try the Baritone6 and DHo6 as well.

I bought an XS Soprano recently and the amount of sustain that thing has can only be explained as witchcraft.

UAS kicking in.... considering either a Romero Creations Spruce/ Mahogany Grand Tenor or Spruce/ Acacia KoAloha Opio.

Unfortunately there are no local dealers for both, so I can't test it in person.

Yesterday received my new Romero Spalted maple ST Concert from a wonderful trade. Wow, it has a big, huge even, but very sweet tone. It is pretty amazing, intense even with its booming low G. The one I received is actually especially pretty, more so than in the pictures.

Do any of you Romero owners play yours reentrant? From what I've seen, most all of them come strung low-G, even the larger body sopranos.

It's only a few weeks since I bought mine and I'm rather enjoying the low G, so I've not changed. I did see this review on YouTube a while ago and recalled that he was playing re-entrant: https://youtu.be/RMjvHZAvSQs

Top Bottom