Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a Romero uke ?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryL View Post
    I have been lusting over the Romero Baritone 6 string guilele, guitar uke, whatever you call them. I am wondering if anyone owns a Romero and what they think of them. The instrument sounds wonderful in the demo, but thats probably not a surprise. Thanks in advance. I am not sure if it is okay to give a link directly to the instrument, and if not the moderator can delete this thread.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/romer...-mahogany.html
    I own a DHo6 and it is really nice. Excellent quality and sound. A great transition instrument from uke to guitar. Not sure why you want it but it on its own is excellent. They usually are not in stock so move fast if you want one.

[QUOTE=tomthebaptist;2245450]I do. I bought mine from Mike at Uke Republic. It is the same one listed on the ukulele site. I love it. It is a pro quality instrument. If you live close to Greenville, SC give me a holler. You are more than welcome to try it out. I bought mine sight unseen. I was intrigued by the concept, so I asked Mike to order me one. I

I have a Tiny Tenor and XS Soprano - very nice.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I have a Grand Tenor, ST Concert and also bought a Replica from an UU member here. They are all wonderful instruments with nice intonation and long sustain. Would love to try the Baritone6 and DHo6 as well.

I bought an XS Soprano recently and the amount of sustain that thing has can only be explained as witchcraft.
    "If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair." - Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BigJackBrass View Post
    I bought an XS Soprano recently and the amount of sustain that thing has can only be explained as witchcraft.
    I brought mine to a local exorcist who got rid of that. I'd bring it to a jam, and it was still "singing" when I got home an hour later. Creepy.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

UAS kicking in.... considering either a Romero Creations Spruce/ Mahogany Grand Tenor or Spruce/ Acacia KoAloha Opio.

Unfortunately there are no local dealers for both, so I can't test it in person.

Do any of you Romero owners play yours reentrant? From what I've seen, most all of them come strung low-G, even the larger body sopranos.
    John

Yesterday received my new Romero Spalted maple ST Concert from a wonderful trade. Wow, it has a big, huge even, but very sweet tone. It is pretty amazing, intense even with its booming low G. The one I received is actually especially pretty, more so than in the pictures.
    2003 KoAloha one piece koa LN soprano
    2017 Kamaka HF1 Soprano
    Ohana Ck-70B spruce Top
    Ohana CK 50G cedar/rosewood
    Harmony 1950s birch soprano
    Kimise Freaky Cat concert

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Do any of you Romero owners play yours reentrant? From what I've seen, most all of them come strung low-G, even the larger body sopranos.
    It's only a few weeks since I bought mine and I'm rather enjoying the low G, so I've not changed. I did see this review on YouTube a while ago and recalled that he was playing re-entrant: https://youtu.be/RMjvHZAvSQs
    "If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair." - Samuel Johnson

Thread Information