Season 448: MILK

I don't have another dairy song to do for this Season. So I'm going to kick back and watch Brie Larson movies and old episodes of The Roquefort Files.

That's perfect. Now that I have my milk video up, I can now sit back and start enjoying everyone else's dairy-related songs.

No one did this Nirvana song yet? Okay, I'll do it. I won't try too hard to work out the riffs and solos and stuff, though.

Happy dairy products to you all!

Well, folks, it is time to close the refrigerator door and wander out into the fall sunshine and look at the changing colour of the leaves. We are leaving Season 448: MILK.

In this last 24 hours, we got a reality check from Pa in the form of another of his excellent originals.
I was thinking the dessert cart had arrived just at the right time with back to back Ice Cream songs by EmmaX and Jo. But behind the sweet titles, there is much more substantial food for thought.
And, like Mother Nature herself, Ralf bats last and storms out with a raging Nirvana song!

That was great, people!
Wrap and prizes are soon to come.

Over to you, Kevin and Marc.....

WHaddyamean I can't get no mo' milk?!! C'mon... It's just a little bit over the time limit!

WHaddyamean I can't get no mo' milk?!! C'mon... It's just a little bit over the time limit!

A little bit? Like SIX HOURS?? The store closed at midnight, buddy, but I guess you can get some more milk now because the morning shift shuffled in through the door.
It looks like you earned a Ghetto Pass on that one anyway, Joko: I believe you when you say you were delayed on account of fun!

With Mr. MacKenna's submission doing a Pete Rose-style belly-slide into home plate, we now have a perfect score:
A NIFTY FIFTY MILK SONGS FOR SEASON 448
(Plus one introduction song and one submission from yours truly.)

Thank you again, Seasonistas, for all of your cool and refreshing takes on the MILK theme!

IT IS OFFICIAL: THE COWS HAVE COME HOME.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting and for the the wonderful week Christopher! There are some fantastic late arriving videos that are well worth taking the time view ~

I enjoyed this week, Christopher. Sorry I didn't bring you any Robyn Hitchcock, but here's an old one from Season 68: The Cheese Alarm

Where I work, if the Waste Site Cleanup group is about to spend state money to clean up some contamination, they send out a "Notice of Response Action / Notice of Commencement of Work". Called a NORA-NOCOW for short. It inspired this unfinished bit of lyric:

Poor Nora No-Cow
No ox to pull her plow
No cow to give her milk
No worm to spin her silk

You have been a splendid host, Christopher and it was a very inspirational theme for me! APPLAUSE SMILEY REPEATED FIVE TIMES.

Look forward to your next hosting.

Last edited:
As Spy Fox would say, "It's the milky weapon of destruction!" No, wait, that is not appropriate... We should have a big feta in your honor, Chris, that was a blast! Thanks so much for including me in the creamy shenanigans!

SEASON 448: THE WRAP

Host Favourites (in no particular order)

COVERS:

SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE
Ryan, Kevin, and Willie

BUTTERCUP JOE
Jim

KING OF CARROT FLOWERS
Andy

MOLOKO I MED
Ylle

ORIGINALS:

BLUE MILK BABY
Bobby

BOUNTY
Ryan

ALL THE REST IS JUST CREAM
Liz

KUMIS
Pa

TAHARNA
Bernie

If there are any honourable mentions that you would like to mention, please do so in the comments below!
Everybody does great work here and there may have been something in particular that caught your eyes and ears. It is nice to inform the group of your discoveries!

Thanks again, Seasonistas!
--Yukio

Last edited:
The randomizer

My explanation of the randomiser is this:

50 submissions plus two by yours truly makes for 52 numbered videos. Ralf was 51 and Joko 52.

The stopwatch times to 1/100 of a second.

If the decimal is 11 or 61, Brian (UkeFoote) is the winner. And this was the case.

If it had come up 1 or 51 (my intro video in the cue) Ralf would have won. If the other video I submitted was indicated, Joko would have won.

I did not want to waste time explaining this in the wrap video and place it here only for the detail-minded among you. I may have short changed Jo (MartinLover) because I think I had to hit 00 on the clock for the 50th person to win, so I hope you can forgive me, Jo!

--Yukio

Last edited:
You certainly have a whey with words Christopher. Fabulous wrap. “Waffer thin” indeed. Congratulations UkeFoote, a very worthy victor.

You certainly have a whey with words Christopher. Fabulous wrap. “Waffer thin” indeed. Congratulations UkeFoote, a very worthy victor.

We missed you John! Not your puns, certainly, but you and your ukulele! I know that it is hard to pry your fingers away from that piano of late, though. You are making wonderful music with those keys, John.

Thanks for a nice season!

I didn't manage to record anything, but I listened to the playlist and it was awesome!

I wasted a few evenings trying to make a fingerstyle version of "Your the cream in my coffee", but it didnt come through.

Thanks for a nice season!

I didn't manage to record anything, but I listened to the playlist and it was awesome!

I wasted a few evenings trying to make a fingerstyle version of "Your the cream in my coffee", but it didnt come through.

Those sorts of evenings are never a waste to me, Mikkel. Any time playing music with a good tune like that is time well spent. Thanks for letting us know you were giving it a shot!

Thank you for the double mention Chris! My two videos meant a lot to me for very different reasons.

Thank you for the double mention Chris! My two videos meant a lot to me for very different reasons.

Fabulous work this season, Ryan. Yes, they are very different, but both quite excellent!

Top Bottom