Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Season 448: MILK

Like UkingViking I ended up with a song that required more work than initially thought. My choice might have been too challenging with all the quick changes to E. I'm still practising No Milk Today, but it's just too slow. I don't like it when it's slowed down too much. I should have started earlier on the fingerpicking intro, and playing it on a low G would have eliminated the anaemic sound of the intro. Next time...

Thanks for the shout-out, Christopher! Loved being a part of your season,
    Liz

whey to wrap things up Christopher!
    and Brian (UkeFoote) certainly deserves that chocolate - he brings great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Bean View Post
    Like UkingViking I ended up with a song that required more work than initially thought. My choice might have been too challenging with all the quick changes to E. I'm still practising No Milk Today, but it's just too slow. I don't like it when it's slowed down too much. I should have started earlier on the fingerpicking intro, and playing it on a low G would have eliminated the anaemic sound of the intro. Next time...
    Thank you so much for working on NO MILK TODAY, Ms Bean. I guess the song proved prophetic after all!

It was nice just to get a glimpse, if only in prose, as to what you have been working on and the interesting choices and challenges you are navigating to bring your vision for the song into reality. I am certain that it will be a splendid addition to your repertoire when all the elements are in place.

It is an interesting process, yes? We get an idea for a song for the theme of a particular season and start to run with it. Sometimes things fall into place rather quickly, and sometimes you are left to piece it together on your own somehow. That is the case for my AUTUMN song right at the moment. I don't know if anything will come of it in the end, but the process is valuable to me, just the same.

I am very glad that you were inspired to join us for the Seasons of the Ukulele and that we can all take this journey into the music together.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukio View Post
    I may have short changed Jo (MartinLover) because I think I had to hit 00 on the clock for the 50th person to win, so I hope you can forgive me, Jo!
    --Yukio
    Dang, I am a chocoholic.

Wonderful season and great job hosting Christopher! So many great videos. Thanks for pointing out that Liz' song was an original. I somehow missed that detail. Thanks for the shout out as well. It was a blast doing Sunshine w/ Ryan and Willie. Cheers to all, and congrats to Mr. Brian ( Uke Foot ) ~
    Talk less, play more . . . .

Thank you so much for working on NO MILK TODAY, Ms Bean. I guess the song proved prophetic after all!

It was nice just to get a glimpse, if only in prose, as to what you have been working on and the interesting choices and challenges you are navigating to bring your vision for the song into reality. I am certain that it will be a splendid addition to your repertoire when all the elements are in place.

It is an interesting process, yes? We get an idea for a song for the theme of a particular season and start to run with it. Sometimes things fall into place rather quickly, and sometimes you are left to piece it together on your own somehow. That is the case for my AUTUMN song right at the moment. I don't know if anything will come of it in the end, but the process is valuable to me, just the same.

I am very glad that you were inspired to join us for the Seasons of the Ukulele and that we can all take this journey into the music together.
    Hi Yukio,
    Although I wasn't ready to record and post, your comment has made me reflect on the process, and I recorded it after all. I'll link the video on the Island.
    I know that there is a lot of work left to be done on the song. However, I would probably never be completely happy with the result, and it would keep me from posting. I experience the same with the current season again. Therefore, in recognition of all the work and practice it takes to make a good video, I decided to show the unfinished work in progress to put it all into context.

Thank you, Ms Bean! I found your video on The Island. f you would allow me, I would love to also post a link to your 'work-in-progress' video here for any future visitors to this thread. Things can sometimes get difficult to locate on The Island, and the video is most relevant to the discussion above.
    Once again, I celebrate your courage and tenacity for biting into a song and not letting go!
    Last edited by Yukio; 09-25-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Thank you, Ms Bean! I found your video on The Island. f you would allow me, I would love to also post a link your 'work-in-progress' video here for any future visitors to this thread. Things can sometimes get difficult to locate on The Island, and the video is most relevant to the discussion above.
    Once again, I celebrate your courage and tenacity for biting into a song and not letting go!
    Thanks Yukio
    Here it is:

Default No milk today

Terrific, Ms Bean!
    You video is perfectly at home here,
    A fitting end to our Season of MILK!

Thread Information