Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 448: MILK

Default Season 448: MILK

Welcome one and all to the Four hundred and forty-eighth Season of the Ukulele!
    I hope we are all healthy and happy and ready to have some fun bringing ukulele songs to share for the enjoyment of all!

Season 448 is all about MILK and MILK PRODUCTS.

I live in Switzerland, a land of cows and diverse dairy products!

Some of us, like Pa, have actually written songs about enjoying a tall cold glass of the pure stuff, and you are welcome to do the same or find some milk related song to cover. You can find and submit songs about any kind of milk product from Ice Cream to Clotted Cream to Whey. It is fun to think of all the way milk gets used, so I won't spoil it for you by listing them here.

Of course, some of you are of the metaphorical persuasion, and will want to sing to us about spilt milk or the milk of human kindness, etc. Also good!

This will be a "standard" 8-day season: Start time is 00:00:00 Hawaii Time on Sunday, 13 September 2020. End time is 23:59:59 on Sunday, 20 September 2020. Excitable people should try to limit their enthusiasm to one submission per day, but you can apply some of that extra gumption to inviting all your ukulele friends to participate. The more is truly the merrier! Some people will want to be invited and mentored through the process of submitting their first video to The Seasons of the Ukulele, and you can be that helpful person!

Ukulele is important to us all, so please keep that instrument at the fore of your creative endeavours. Multi-tracking, collaborations, and auxiliary instruments are all fine.

Please reserve some time for viewing and commenting on the work of others. It is always nice to check out neighbouring videos on the thread, to see work by new Seasonistas, and to check on all your old friends and acquaintances. To help you connect with all your fellow Seasonistas, here is a handy
    PLAYLIST.

It would be difficult for me to ship you a fine chunk of cheese created this summer high upon some alpine meadow. Also, not everybody can indulge in the stuff. Fortunately, Switzerland is also pretty well known for their chocolate! There will be a fine box of dark (vegan) delicious melt-in-your-mouth thin pure-chocolate wafers to delight a lucky winner this season!

Arcy is still hosting Season 447, so if you are still a virgin, keep on churnin' till the butter comes!
    Last edited by Yukio; 09-12-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Fantastic, Christopher! Sounds like fun!

It seems ein bischen ironische that the prize will be milk-free!

I LOVE the early posting, thanks Christopher!

That's a very clever idea, Christopher! (I actually loathe the taste of milk and was drinking tea by the time I was five, however, I shall try to overcome my prejudice for this splendid theme!)
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by UkeFoote View Post
    It seems ein bischen ironische that the prize will be milk-free!

I LOVE the early posting, thanks Christopher!
    I don't think you would want to open up a package of cheese that I just tossed into the mailbox in hopes that it got to PDX PDQ. The wafer is safer. And, yes, I heard you mention you like early announcements and I was thinking partly of you when I released this a bit earlier than normal..... See you in about an hour in the ZOOM room!

Excellente! A few questions do come to mind. Would ZZ Top's famous song fit here? How about bands with Milk in their name, ie "Milk Carton Kids"? Thanks for the early posting! Always good to at least be able to think about it and do some research. Cheers brother ~
    Talk less, play more . . . .

Milk is my favourite beverage - drink about 2 litres a day - if it contained alcohol (like they make in mongolia from mare's milk i believe) i'd be in big trouble
    thanks for hosting Christopher!
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 09-12-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Ahoy
    Interesting theme and I will use tomorrow's trek to the mountains to try and think of a fitting song.
    I would also like to ask whether bands/songs that have dairy related names/titles are allowed? like Cream or Vanilla Ice.
    If not then I will figure something out.

In answer to several questions, band names related to milk are fine, too.
    But wait! Is Vanilla Ice a dairy product? Or is he a popsicle? I wonder....
    I also can't seem to connect the dots with ZZ Top. If you think it works, Kev, I am prepared to be convinced.

Would you be convinced by “Have I Told You Latte That I Love You”? Hmmmmm, maybe not

Thread Information