Season 448: MILK

Yukio

Reaction score
Welcome one and all to the Four hundred and forty-eighth Season of the Ukulele!
I hope we are all healthy and happy and ready to have some fun bringing ukulele songs to share for the enjoyment of all!

Season 448 is all about MILK and MILK PRODUCTS.

I live in Switzerland, a land of cows and diverse dairy products!

Some of us, like Pa, have actually written songs about enjoying a tall cold glass of the pure stuff, and you are welcome to do the same or find some milk related song to cover. You can find and submit songs about any kind of milk product from Ice Cream to Clotted Cream to Whey. It is fun to think of all the way milk gets used, so I won't spoil it for you by listing them here.

Of course, some of you are of the metaphorical persuasion, and will want to sing to us about spilt milk or the milk of human kindness, etc. Also good!

This will be a "standard" 8-day season: Start time is 00:00:00 Hawaii Time on Sunday, 13 September 2020. End time is 23:59:59 on Sunday, 20 September 2020. Excitable people should try to limit their enthusiasm to one submission per day, but you can apply some of that extra gumption to inviting all your ukulele friends to participate. The more is truly the merrier! Some people will want to be invited and mentored through the process of submitting their first video to The Seasons of the Ukulele, and you can be that helpful person!

Ukulele is important to us all, so please keep that instrument at the fore of your creative endeavours. Multi-tracking, collaborations, and auxiliary instruments are all fine.

Please reserve some time for viewing and commenting on the work of others. It is always nice to check out neighbouring videos on the thread, to see work by new Seasonistas, and to check on all your old friends and acquaintances. To help you connect with all your fellow Seasonistas, here is a handy
PLAYLIST.

It would be difficult for me to ship you a fine chunk of cheese created this summer high upon some alpine meadow. Also, not everybody can indulge in the stuff. Fortunately, Switzerland is also pretty well known for their chocolate! There will be a fine box of dark (vegan) delicious melt-in-your-mouth thin pure-chocolate wafers to delight a lucky winner this season!

Arcy is still hosting Season 447, so if you are still a virgin, keep on churnin' till the butter comes!

Last edited:
That's a very clever idea, Christopher! (I actually loathe the taste of milk and was drinking tea by the time I was five, however, I shall try to overcome my prejudice for this splendid theme!)

It seems ein bischen ironische that the prize will be milk-free!

I LOVE the early posting, thanks Christopher!

I don't think you would want to open up a package of cheese that I just tossed into the mailbox in hopes that it got to PDX PDQ. The wafer is safer. And, yes, I heard you mention you like early announcements and I was thinking partly of you when I released this a bit earlier than normal..... See you in about an hour in the ZOOM room!

Excellente! A few questions do come to mind. Would ZZ Top's famous song fit here? How about bands with Milk in their name, ie "Milk Carton Kids"? Thanks for the early posting! Always good to at least be able to think about it and do some research. Cheers brother ~

Milk is my favourite beverage - drink about 2 litres a day - if it contained alcohol (like they make in mongolia from mare's milk i believe) i'd be in big trouble
thanks for hosting Christopher!

Last edited:
Ahoy
Interesting theme and I will use tomorrow's trek to the mountains to try and think of a fitting song.
I would also like to ask whether bands/songs that have dairy related names/titles are allowed? like Cream or Vanilla Ice.
If not then I will figure something out.

In answer to several questions, band names related to milk are fine, too.
But wait! Is Vanilla Ice a dairy product? Or is he a popsicle? I wonder....
I also can't seem to connect the dots with ZZ Top. If you think it works, Kev, I am prepared to be convinced.

Would you be convinced by “Have I Told You Latte That I Love You”? Hmmmmm, maybe not :rolleyes:

When i saw the 'milk' theme i was going to do 'Ernie, The Fastest Milkman In The West', but i'm such a softie that i was choking on the words of the last couple of verses - and i'm really not making that up!
So i decided to go with this one from Dr Feelgood instead ...

The clock says it is time to open the barn doors and let the cows do their thing!

Please continue to monitor the happenings at Arcy's Season 447 as there is a full 24 hours left to that season, but you are now free to post milk and dairy related videos for Season 448.

You got to MOOO!

John's declaration of Latte love was whey over the top Chris! I'm surprised it got past your eyes.
I think I found this song during Val's What's my Line week. Didn't get a chance to do it then but kept it in mind for the future. By a female country trio the Pistol Annie's. Don't know anything about them except they have a good name and this is a good song. It's from the viewpoint of a daughter singing about her judgmental mother...but the daughter is kind of judgmental too. The the characters are recognizable and well drawn. Milkman.

A Fats Waller tune also recorded by Sir Paul Mcartney and Eric Clapton.Must be the first time a Fats Waller tune has been favored by such rock icons

When discussing the MILK THEME of this season, UkeFoote predicted this song to draw many entries.
I certainly hope so!
Thank you, Pa, for kicking us off in style!
If anybody else is interested in bringing a version of this classic song to the party, PLEASE DO !!!!

Top Bottom