Season 448: MILK

This one opens with whipped cream, but there aren't a lot of dairy products in the song I'm afraid. I think the cheese tray makes an appearance.
I heard Garrison Keillor sing this on a Prairie Home Companion radio show years ago and copied the words intending to learn it, but I didn't and now I can't recall the tune, so I tried a few generic tunes and this one sounded OK.
I decided to play the uke left-handed today to give myself a challenge. (Actually my phone decided to flip my image even though I don't think I did anything differently from usual)

I Just Wish That She Were Here by Garrison Keillor

Last edited:
My first offering this week came to me in a half awake state last night at 4 am. I slipped out of bed and wrote the body of it.

There are lots of songs about Milkmaids in the tradition. This is one that gives a modern twist to the theme.

Hope you enjoy:

For Season of the Ukulele 448, "Milk", here's "Sweet Dreams Are Made of Cheese", a song celebrating perhaps the most notable product of milk processing. For concert ukulele with singing, overdubs of Ashbory Ubass and secondary vocals.

Hey, Christopher! Thanks for hosting this season of milky treats...
This morning I was mulling over what to bring to this season when I spotted my favourite Star Wars socks in the wash basket. This naturally led me to thinking about blue milk and it didn't take long for that initial thought to become this...a fairly straightforward rocker set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away sung from the perspective of a Tatooine moisture farmer, parched from a long day's toil tending the vaporator...

Well, it is noon time in Hawaii and pushing on towards midnight here in the heart of Europe. I am off to bed, but very pleased to report that there were 11 videos shared on this thread in the first twelve hours of the season. Thank you one and all for a great start. The playlist is up to date and ready to assist you. Now if I could just get the slurping sounds of the puddle of blue cheese out of my head, I could get some rest. Good night, all!

This is a Procol Harum song. By now, I've done half of the A Salty Dog album for the Seasons.

We just passed our first 24 hour mark in this creamy season! I have been witness to some amazing performances!
Keep churning out the hits, folks!

We just heard from THE US DEPT. OF THE INTERIOR, East Coast division (Jim Uke4ia) and West Coast division (Andy Desert Pavement.)
Jim continues to push the sonic frontiers of the instrument and Andy is giving us the royal treatment with PRINCE.
PROGRESSIVE! Rock and Funk....dig it!

And....one moment....this just came in over the wire from Finland....Rob gives us a classic tune, stirred slowly with extra sugar! Love it!

Last edited:
There it is. Thank you, Pa. A bunch of grapes so huge and heavy that it had to be shouldered on a pole between two people.

There it is. Thank you, Pa. A bunch of grapes so huge and heavy that it had to be shouldered on a pole between two people.

some impressive biblical knowledge there Christopher ..... at least the canaanites got to enjoy their land for another 40 years before jericho fell to .... music ... well .... noise
btw from what i've read and seen (documentaries etc) no evidence has been found of the israelites wandering around in the desert for all those years

Last edited:
Here's an original for which the only context I'll offer is that a Celebrations tin is a mixed pack of chocolates you'd normally have to nibble on over Christmas or Easter or some other occasion, and a Bounty is a coconut filled chocolate found in said tin

I have something utterly ridiculous in mind too Chris, don't worry.

Hi all, here’s my first thought:

Big Butter And Egg Man, written by Percy Venable in 1926 for Louis Armstrong and singer, May Alix. The title means ‘big spender’ and George S Kaufman coined the phrase in the title of his 1925 play, “The Butter And Egg Man”.

As soon as I realised that milk products were the topic for Season 448, I knew I had to do this wonderful Charlie Waffles song. The Seasonistas have me adding songs to my repertoire that I would never have thought of singing. Now I can't wait to share this one with my grandkids.

Top Bottom