Season 448: MILK

Cheese mites ponder how the cheese came into existence
much the same way humans ponder the creation of the universe.

The cheese-mites asked how the cheese got there,
And warmly debated the matter;
The Orthodox said that it came from the air,
And the Heretics said from the platter.
They argued it long and they argued it strong,
And I hear they are arguing now;
But of all the choice spirits who lived in the cheese,
Not one of them thought of a cow.

Last edited:
Unlike Pabrizzer, I can't stand cow's milk. This may be the result of being forced to drink it as a child in school. The theory was fine - milk is good for you and therefore every child should receive a half pint of it a day. Good theory - but it didn't take into account people like myself who couldn't stand the stuff. It was probably some kind of undiagnosed lactose intolerance (that doesn't include cheese). Nobody had heard of "XXXX intolerance" and "allergies" back then.

Anyway, School Milk is the subject of my latest contribution to this lactic extravaganza, this week.

Hope you enjoy

(or at least sympathize....)

PS Don't miss the dedication, Val.

We are well into the third full day of the 448th Season of the Ukulele: MILK and all other forms of dairy products.

Things took on a metaphorical bent throughout much of day two, and I fell all the butter for it.
All the original submissions thus far have been the creme de la creme!

If you, gentle reader, are casually browsing this thread, please consider active participation in The Seasons Of The Ukulele. We always welcome new participants and it takes only ONE SUBMISSION to a season to join the club! If you have any questions at all about how to participate in The Seasons, just post your questions directly on this thread and friendly people will certainly appear to help guide you through the process.

It’s not too late…to whip it! WHIP IT GOOD!!!

Last edited:
A song I did once before for candy week, but the cheese part fits this theme. This is a song called cheese and candy by Dan H.

The first song I thought of--here's a little Van Halen for you. It's a song about the innocent pleasures of summer desserts...

Thank You Grey Ghost. I am glad somebody brought it, because it was at the top of my pile too (and I only just did it some few seasons back).

Dipping into the jug of Milk-related band names here...

Wait, milk-related band names work too? I considered Cream but I didn't think that was allowed! Now I have more ideas...

Milk can also be a verb and that's how I justify this submission. It is based on a true story.... Sadly her victim after this one was my father, who she drove into an early grave. Like the woman in the film I am using as a thumbnail, she seems to have discovered the secret to eternal life, if not eternal youth - because this Wicked Witch of the East is still going strong in her late 90s.

Hope you enjoy:

It was nice to see Bernie and Pa submitting back-to-back originals exploring the idiom, "MILKING IT."

Hard Rockin' Luis came through for us.... with a big scoop of Van Halen!

Andy shined on a song by a band that I have always had some difficulty understanding, Neutral Milk Hotel. In his loving rendition, I see the light.

And Rob seems to be having some trouble with his tastebuds. Can somebody please help this guy?

To all Seasonistas and Seasonistas-To-Be: Keep stirring it. You can't rush the hot chocolate. It is best when it is allowed to boil up awhile.

SEE THAT SONG ABOVE?....BUTTERCUP JOE?
CLICK ON THAT! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

Thank you, Jim for a wonderful bring!

Last edited:
One more "Milk and Honey" song. This one was originally "Moloko i med" (1999) by Russian rock band Splean.

A little bit of Billy Bragg from the road

SOTU # 448 - "BADGE" by Cream. Written by Eric Clapton and George Harrison, "Badge" has long been one of my favorite rock songs ever. Here in the latest installment of the "Xiang/Xiang" show, Kevin and I do our version.

Last edited:
You might do a double take when you see Marc and my video's next to one another here, but they are indeed two separate videos, starring Xing Xing :) Thanks for hosting this week Christopher! Here's a J.J. Cale cover where he describes that time After Midnight as going to be "peaches and cream" Thanks to Marc for joining in and adding some bari rhythm and vocals here. Hope all is and are well ~

Did someone here mention Whole Latte Love as a song idea? I thought I saw it, but can't find it now, and hope I'm not stealing your thunder. Anyhoo, here's my attempt at a goofy parody cover, 1-take into cellphone. Not sure why it got flipped around, looks like I'm a lefty, but I'm not.

Last edited:
This one talks about a milkin' cow so I think it qualifies.

Top Bottom