Season 448: MILK

Hi all! The Milk theme had me on the hunt for a song about wanting the cake and icing, too, with Cream symbolizing the extras life sometimes serves up. I couldn’t find it. So...I had a crack at writing my own song��. Scary stuff. Here it is, for better, or for worse:

See, the lousy bit about being part of such a talented group is that there is always someone who you don’t want to follow.

Anyway, I don’t much care for sour cream, but this one was too good to pass up. Pete Seeger, so we’re in the People’s Key if you want to play along...

It is just before 6 am over in Central Europe, and I just finished watching all that came in over the wire last night while I was sleeping.
Nice work, Seasonistas!!
We have Russian poetry, classic rock, parodies, sparkling originals, party tunes, human kindness, and now, these last two by Andy and Pa bring SOUR CREAM and KUMIS to the table!
Thank you one and all!

Last edited:
Here's some Cream.

I thought about doing this by myself earlier in the week but then I thought it definitely needed some Kev magic in it, so we both got out our steel string ukes and rocked it. Kev laid down the backing track with some help from his friend Willie on bass, I chucked some more uke and vocals on top, Kev added his perfect harmonies and then we both had a solo. See if you can tell whose is whose. The whole thing is perfectly mixed by Kev and then I managed to find a brilliant bit of stock video.

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this Kev! Was great fun working on this with you

I may have milked this theme for all I have got this week. But I just couldn't resist my favourite milk related story from my childhood. This is how I discovered that "one person's meat truly can be another's poison" and that when it comes to edibles, cultural differences can be SO REAL.

Hope you enjoy:

Hello again, Christopher! I'm sorry, I've been a bit absent this week, partly because I have been following the Tour de France (on television, not a bicycle!), and partly because there is a very large pile of logs behind the woodshed which needs stacking. I DID find this song the other day, though, and since it was so appropriate for the week, I felt I had to give it a go.

Hope this isn't too cheesy for you all. Here is a goof on an Everly Brothers song, I hope Phil & Don aren't too offended. Don't worry, in addition to cheese, there's a healthy serving or corn in here too. See what this COVID is doing to me?

Last edited:
Here is one I recorded this evening after being inspired by our Seasonista friends Jim and Andy. Jim brought Froggy Went A-Courtin' a couple of seasons ago (and this version contains one of the verses from his father's version.) And Andy brought a song about sour cream written by Pete Seeger earlier in this season. I used to sing along to this song from the first LP record I ever owned as a child.

OK, I could have done this in a more comfortable key,but it didn’t feel right. So my shaky falsetto it is.

Great week, Christopher!

Season # 448's theme is dairy and dairy products. This is I'll Be Gone by The Milk Carton Kids performed by me on vocals and concert uke and Kevin on vocals and electric steel string baritone ukulele. Artwork created by myself in OpenCanvas and Adobe Animate. Hope ya'll enjoy!

Check out Kevin's Channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQK2jZLsioSa1dGZa80ahg

Greetings, Seasonistas!

It is 11pm Saturday night in Hawaii. That means we are very close to entering the final full day of Season 448 Of The Ukulele: MILK!

It also means that we are just about to fall into a new season, a very timely one hosted by Kevin and Marc! I know your thoughts will be turning over a new leaf in the hours to come, but I am going to be milking Season 448 to the last sweet drop! If you have more songs to churn out relating to dairy products of any kind, you still have 25 more hours to go at the time of this writing.

We have received 47 videos for Season 448 thus far. I hope everyone is finding time to enjoy and comment upon some of this fine work. If you notice content that catches your eyes and ears or touches you in any way, please consider sharing the links to such videos with friends and relations (even outside the ukulele community.). That way, more people can enjoy the talents on display here at The Seasons of the Ukulele.

A change in the seasons is always an invitation to new growth and renewal. I hope we all step cheerfully in that direction together!

Your humble host,
Yukio

I don't have another dairy song to do for this Season. So I'm going to kick back and watch Brie Larson movies and old episodes of The Roquefort Files.

Top Bottom