Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 448: MILK

Here is one I recorded this evening after being inspired by our Seasonista friends Jim and Andy. Jim brought Froggy Went A-Courtin' a couple of seasons ago (and this version contains one of the verses from his father's version.) And Andy brought a song about sour cream written by Pete Seeger earlier in this season. I used to sing along to this song from the first LP record I ever owned as a child.

OK, I could have done this in a more comfortable key,but it didn’t feel right. So my shaky falsetto it is.

Great week, Christopher!

The site truncates my signature so I can't tell you

milk hill - homemade song about this spot in wiltshire, and its white horse hill figure

lynda

acid skiffle

This is a song by The Go! Team. I've watched their video of this song many, many times over the past decade because it's a song that just makes me happy (the link is below).

The Go! Team - Milk Crisis
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Season # 448's theme is dairy and dairy products. This is I'll Be Gone by The Milk Carton Kids performed by me on vocals and concert uke and Kevin on vocals and electric steel string baritone ukulele. Artwork created by myself in OpenCanvas and Adobe Animate. Hope ya'll enjoy!

Check out Kevin's Channel here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQ...ioSa1dGZa80ahg

Greetings, Seasonistas!

It is 11pm Saturday night in Hawaii. That means we are very close to entering the final full day of Season 448 Of The Ukulele: MILK!

It also means that we are just about to fall into a new season, a very timely one hosted by Kevin and Marc! I know your thoughts will be turning over a new leaf in the hours to come, but I am going to be milking Season 448 to the last sweet drop! If you have more songs to churn out relating to dairy products of any kind, you still have 25 more hours to go at the time of this writing.

We have received 47 videos for Season 448 thus far. I hope everyone is finding time to enjoy and comment upon some of this fine work. If you notice content that catches your eyes and ears or touches you in any way, please consider sharing the links to such videos with friends and relations (even outside the ukulele community.). That way, more people can enjoy the talents on display here at The Seasons of the Ukulele.

A change in the seasons is always an invitation to new growth and renewal. I hope we all step cheerfully in that direction together!

Your humble host,
    Yukio

I don't have another dairy song to do for this Season. So I'm going to kick back and watch Brie Larson movies and old episodes of The Roquefort Files.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

milking - truth warning

Finally - an excuse to play ‘Ice Cream’ by Muscles!

Whew. Got it done. Ice Cream for Dinner.

Thread Information