Hello from the Netherlands

Hank Dussen

Reaction score
Hello there, my name is Steve, 37 and fallen in love with all things ukulele about 4 years ago.
I love playing fingerstyle, some rumba, classical, pop-rock and some 'gypsy' music, for lack of a better word.
I bougt and sold a lot of ukes already, trying to find the sound I love. I am leaning towards concert as being a favorite size, followed by soprano.

I fell in love with a moonbird concert, that's my main uke, as well as my Tinguitar mahogany soprano. I have a Kamaka HF-1 that I will sell because I rarely play it. Still on the lookout for a concert Koaloha...

I hope to meet interesting likeminded people here, who get what I 'do'...

Best wishes,

Steve

Thanks! I have been looking around here from time to time but never got to introduce myself. Thanks for having me!

Welcome Steve,

It sounds as though you have owned some very nice ukes. You'll find "the one" eventually. Meanwhile enjoy the exploration.

And I hope you enjoy the discussions on the Forum.

Welkom Steve of Hank, wat je zelf wil.

Je zal hier nog een paar Nederlanders vinden, of een Vlaamse, zoals ik.

Grappig. Ik ben zelf een West Vlaming, die woont in NL sinds 5 jaar. Hank Dussen is een alias. Dat lees ik steeds op de verkeersborden als ik NL - BE bereis. Jij? Uke crazy dus...?

Oost-Vlaamse, maar getrouwd met een Bruggeling. We zijn in 2006 naar Durham verhuisd maar wachten nu even af wat de politieke situatie wordt vanaf Nieuwjaar. We hebben nog geen concrete verhuisplannen maar Nederland, het westen van Duitsland, noorden van Frankrijk of misschien weer naar het oude vaderland? Al die opties blijven open afhankelijk van goede jobs.
Ja, die ukulele heeft me helemaal betoverd. Ik blijf maar nieuwe leerdoelen aan mijn lijstje toevoegen. Het is een veelzijdig beestje!

Hi Steve, I’ve had every size uke starting with a soprano and settling into tenors for a few years. Then I lost interest after moving away from my favorite ukulele group in Kansas City and stopped playing for a couple of years. Now, I’ve just started again with a Kiwaya KTS-7 soprano. I’m playing mainly Lyle Ritz chord-melody arrangements.

Steve, welcome to UU.
Mrs Bean, wow on the language!

But.... This is me, in my own thread, hahaha ;)

Sorry about that Steve. I got confused. What I get for being in a hurry and not reading the posting carefully.

My apologies and welcome again. How about that Max Verstappen? Great driver. (Since I don't speak your language, it's my attempt to make small talk so you will forget about my error. :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Top Bottom