Tuners for a slotted tenor

bennyhana22

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm planning on getting a new slothead tenor, but will probably want to upgrade the tuners - I am a bit of a quality freak!

Could I ask for the wisdom of the forum in giving recommendations for the 'best' tuners for a slothead?

I'm in the UK, but should be able to get hold of most things, I guess.

Thanks, in anticipation,

Ben
:)

Edit - apologies for the thread title error! My autocorrect decided that I didn't want to write 'slothead' before I had a chance to see it!

I agree, the Rubner heads are very nice. They even do custom orders and you can pick knobs, plate style, roller color, bearings, etc. I got a set last year and am pleased. But if you're really a quality freak, take a peek at Rodgers heads. The ultimate in quality and design and only special order from Mr. Rodgers himself. I have an old set from when the company was still in the UK and just had it refurbished by Rodgers in Canada.

Last edited:
Oh lordy!

The Rodgers look fantastic!

I've emailed the likely supplier of the slothead to ask if they can source one or both and would be happy to swap the tuners prior to shipping.

Many thanks for the pointers. Nothing short of what I expected from this Oracle-like forum!

Ben
:)

Top Bottom