Kala Elite 2KOA-TG with Kala Transit case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziret

Reaction score
Made in August, 2018. In like-new condition, and gorgeous. It always gets the looks. And it sounds great, too. My idea has always been to have (at least) one reentrant and (at least) one low G uke, and I got this for low G. But I also got a Kala Elite 1KOA-CG and I find I prefer to play the concert scale on this uke.

It has a big body and a big sound. Has a bit of a belly, which I've tried to show in the photos. I love these Kala Elites and they are a bargain for a solid koa, made in USA ukulele. They have wide nut and a big string spread and I actually think I'm a better player on them, because for picking there's more room between the strings. Everyone has their opinions, of course, but I have compared this to a friend's Kanilea tenor and I no longer am lusting for a Kanilea.

The Kala Transit case is really nice. It's sort of a semi-hard gig bag in that it has a stiff plastic(?)insert between the cushion and the outside fabric that is very protective, but it's light and easy to cary like a gig bag. Somewhat like a Reunion Blues case, only much more compact and probably somewhat less protective. They are currently my favorite case.

Just look at that wood! A member of the forum told me that when Kala hasn't always been great at sorting their wood, and sometimes you'll find something like this that really should be a 3KOA with the 2KOA label. Check out some of the 3s and you'll see it's true. $650 shipped in lower 48. Feel free to email me at terizipf @ gmail.com with any questions.

IMG_20190922_090919.jpgIMG_20190429_171050.jpgIMG_0204.jpg20190717_160348.jpgIMG_0206.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom