New uke check list

Well, I don't think the video was that bad but I agree it's a bit too long. I don't know if 10 minutes is the sweet spot necessarily. Something around 15 minutes would be ok in my opinion. I agree on the points you made. Teaching how a uke can be tuned using relative tuning is actually quite useful but if the topic is checking intonation specifically you should probably use a uke that's in tune already.

I suggest you make some sort of script or at least notes on what you want to showcase (if you haven't already) so you can focus on the points you want to go through and not forget anything.

I agree with you; I think 15 minutes would be a good time to shoot for: it's long enough to cover all the details without being too long that information gets lost.

I think the main reason that the video is so long is that I have to go into natural resonance, relative tuning, and sympathetic resonance because I made the requirement of using only your hands, eyes, and ears. However, I think, the target audience, who are probably buying their first or second instrument, may not have a good ear. So, if I add the requirement of a tuner, the video can be greatly simplified and reduced in length.

The next step is the bench measurements that I put a new ukulele thru. Currently, I plan to just require an index card, 0.5mm mechanical pencil lead, and a straight ruler. But, adding a tuners can greatly simply things there too. So, allowing a tuner can help in all videos.

Top Bottom