Baritone tuned tenor

arktrav

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Have you tried Fremont's baritone (dGBE) high D strings for tenor? I wondering what you thought of them. Sound playability

I’ve put them on an acacia Pono tenor and they sound good. It’s a cheap way to get a baritone when your partner won’t allow any more instruments. ; )

Well, another inquiry. Have you tried "low D" tuning for the tenor? What string would it take to get the "low D"? I have a couple tenorrs and I was thinking that I would have one in high or low D, to keep from having to transpose when playing with guitars. Sound lazy?

Well, another inquiry. Have you tried "low D" tuning for the tenor? What string would it take to get the "low D"? I have a couple tenorrs and I was thinking that I would have one in high or low D, to keep from having to transpose when playing with guitars. Sound lazy?

Why would you have to transpose when playing with guitars. If they play a G on Guitar and you play a G on your "normal" tuned use, both are a G. If you use a Bariton and play a G shape, you would be actually playing D. But maybe I'm missing something her ;).

Pepe Romero has recently come out with a string set for tenor ukes that are designed to be tuned like a bari. They have a low D. Tension is great on em. I hope to post a video soon. I have them on a solid spruce top solid maple tenor and I like em a lot. They can be found at uke like the pros.

Top Bottom