Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU#449 All things Fall

Greetings,

In golden sunlight I recorded a cover of “Wake me up when September Ends”.

Ciao

" Why am I here why do I care, what do I hope to find? Nothing here can save me from the memories in my mind” GSC

Here's a Waylon Jennings song called All The Soft Places To Fall.

I heard this song for the first time today and put the words on my computer screen with my phone leaning against the computer. The screen went black at one point and I had to tap the mouse pad to turn it on again. I contemplated doing a "Take Two", but decided to let it ride.

all the soft.jpg

Because of that, I sang the wrong words. I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler and I'm gettin' weaker should be I'm a rambler, I'm a seeker and I'm gettin' weaker

There is a song called I'm A Rambler, I'm A Gambler that I used to sing, so that's probably where it came from.
    Last edited by Jim Yates; 09-22-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Hello, lovely, autumnal people-Here's a song I would have sworn was entitled "Falling", until I started collecting records myself. The Fab Four do this one up tempo, but I've always wanted to do it like this. Thank you for indulging me.
    I've Just Seen A Face
    Paul McCartney with John Lennon

This was the first song that popped in my head when I read about the theme. Cover of Falling by Ben Kweller, performed on my sopranissimo ukulele, Freckles. In rendering an earlier, higher quality video, I overloaded my computer and blew half my RAM. Luckily it's an relatively easy fix, but I won't be at full capacity to work until later in October. Anyhow! Hope ya'll enjoy. The drawing was a bit of stream of consciousness.

You had to know it was coming. This was one of the first songs I ever learned on a ukulele. Don't think I've ever posted it though...

Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Another Autumn song... recorded by the Brothers Four and Harry Belafonte

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Hello, Kev and Marc! This was almost the first song which occurred to me for this week, so I have dragged myself away from log-stacking to attempt it. Hope to be able to do something else later in the week.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Tuesday morning here in rain drenched Houston Texas I see some more wonderful entries have been posted. Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to join in, and to those of you still working on something ~
    Talk less, play more . . . .

Most encouraging to see the posts that have been made already. You guys consistently amaze me! I hope to contribute something soon, perhaps with Kev if “Beta” doesn’t interfere too much. Keep ‘em coming!

Hey Kids! There is a WRAP notice available over on the SEASON 448: MILK thread. Right-O! Carry on!

Thread Information