SOTU#449 All things Fall

Mezcalero

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I volunteered to fill in this week when I noticed Joo had asked to have her name removed. Marc is co-hosting with me this week and came up with the theme. While I imagine we've had seasons about the seasons before, this week does mark the arrival of Fall. I personally prefer to make the seasons as expansive as possible as I hate that feeling when I struggle to find a song that fits the theme. So practically anything goes:
1) Anything about the Fall, Autumn, Equinox season
2) Anything pertaining to the word "Fall" falling down, in love etc.
3) Any song released in the fall of any given year, soundtracks included.
4) Songs that remind you of the fall, cooler weather, colorful leaves etc.
5) Colors, foods, holidays associated with the Fall
6) Original songs that fit any of the descriptions above

Normal rules apply regarding start and finish times. Please include uke in the production, but all instruments and multi-tracking, and collaborating are welcomed. Please take the time to listen to others submissions. No song limit this week, bring 'em on ~

Playlist ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs3lSPwzOtk&list=PL5FgrFq3aYVc-7_IyTudY26i9g0synZ5N

Please continue posting cheesy and creamy songs on Christopher's Milky themed season that runs through Sunday night.

Most importantly, have some fun and celebrate the coming of Fall ~

The prize will be this solid Cedar top soprano ukulele. I bought it from GinnyT11, who I believe is one of the original seasonistas. Marc and I will both choose some of our favorite videos from the week and then pick a random winner from that group~
IMG_2035.jpg

Last edited:
zowie!
super sweet axe!

A very timely theme for the week, Kev and Marc ... our weather here has changed and it is now definitely "autumnal." And thanks for making the choice so wide ... it helps a lot!

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin and Marc for stepping up. I found this Lee Hazlewood song today. He's a bit under rated I think. Great writer and singer.

Here's some metaphorical falling from Muse

I have not entered the Seasons for quite awhile. I just got a new mixer and have been playing around with settings. This song is called "Bees". It was written by Michael P. Smith. It is my favorite Fall song. Played on a Kamaka 8 string ukulele.

Happy Sunday morning to everyone! I woke up to find 8 wonderful videos mostly from our overseas gang who are half a day or more ahead of me time wise! Also, it's really nice to one from John Bange (Cornfield) who is one of those rare people who consistently showcases ukes I salivate over :) Keep 'em coming boys and girls ~

An original from me. Written last year during a sleepless night. Newly recorded with added low D whistle.

Here's a song that my daughter, Edith, wrote and recorded this morning for her best friend!
As she was sitting cross-legged on the living room floor with her uke, scribbling down words in a notebook, I mentioned the theme for the new season. Her ears pricked up and she said, "I can do something for that!"
She disappeared into her bedroom and about an hour later pinged me this video.
She doesn't muck about.
I'm guessing this qualifies for the season?

Now the pressure's on me to come up with something...😱

For Season of the Ukulele 449, the theme is "All Things Fall". Here's "My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion" by the Flaming Lips, for tenor ukulele with singing, and overdubs of Ashbory Ubass, secondary vocal, and fuzz tone tenor ukulele lead. The video features some hand shadow artistry by Drew Colby. RIP RBG

Last edited:
I expect there will be many versions of this song and why not it's a great song.My version is loosely based on the Eva Cassidy version,one of my favorite guitar vocalists.

Checking in as we approach noon here local time on Monday. Looks like we're in for some stormy weather the next few days as Tropical Storm Beta comes ashore to the South East. Thanks to everyone who's submitted a song or two already. We've already had some really wonderful original songs come in from Brian (2), Edith and Graham. We've also had a few of the classics I thought we might see this week. Keep 'em coming everyone :)

Top Bottom