Please forgive me for I have done you wrong
I sense evil, I fear it here today
Like a bad dream that never goes away

It's a clear, bright and harsh October sun
Lights me up so I've nowhere left to run
I feel scared I have so much debt to pay
Like a bad dream that never goes away

Last edited:

First time posting on here. Just watched big Lebowski the other day and had to learn this. Just convenient that it sort of fits with the theme!

Back home to wind & rain - autumn has arrived.

Nice swinging song recorded by many great jazz artists

Greetings,

A vintage vinyl song (I have this on vinyl) from the Edgar Winter Group called Autumn. I always found this song moving. Vid is taken from local park. I have used snips of this video before, it fits this song. A simple iPad entry.

Ciao

Here is one I think should be in this season:

A Robyn Hitchcock song from my favourite album by him and one of my personal top-ten albums of all time entitled, 'I Often Dream Of Trains."

When my first three ideas were recorded by others, I was in doubt what to do.

When in doubt, I just go for Norah Jones. This one has falling leaves in the second line, that must count :)

I was really surprised to find I'd never played this R.E.M. song for the Seasons before. I did a video of playing it on tiple before the Seasons started.

I read Iain Banks' novel "Complicity" this week and one incident woke a long buried memory of a classmate who had fallen through ice on a lake and drowned, while one of his mates just stood there unable to move through fear. I had forgotten the incident, but Mr. Banks reminded me of it and I wondered how that kid had lived with what had happened for the rest of his life. The result is this song about a fatal fall into freezing water.

I chose my Sopranino for this to give that fine high pitched sound I think best fits this song about brittle ice and its consequences.

Hello seasonistas, i've been out of pocket the better part of the last day, just wanted to touch base and thank everyone who's participated so far! I've got to teach some virtual classes now, but i'll touch base afterwords and update the playlist and comment on the latest videos. I hope everyone is well ~

Hello again, Marc and Kev! In an effort to find something different, I came across this song, "Verlaine", written by Charles Trenet and based on the poem, "Chanson d'Automne" by Paul Verlaine. It is, apparently, one of the most famous poems in the French language and invokes perfectly the feelings of melancholy which can accompany the onset of Autumn.

The phrase All Things Fall has been rolling around in my head all week, so I thought I'd take another stab at writing something. I'd take any and all suggestions, as this process is brand new to me. I really appreciate the safe forum, seasonistas.

All Things Fall
By Liz Brinker

(chorus)
All things fall, all things fall
Just as the mercury falls in the autumn
Just as your tears will fall if you’ve got ‘em
Just like your hopes can sink to the bottom
All things fall

(verse 1)
Oh the empire rises high
Sends its towers to the sky
And for a time it rules the day, charging blindly in the fray
Blind allegiance leading blind
Common story you will find
As the mass begins to pray
Let the chips fall where they may...for

(chorus)

(verse 2)
Oh the beauty of your youth
Smooth of skin and white of tooth
Fleet of foot and clear of mind, seasons change and you will find
We are slaves to gravity
In all its depravity
Just as I am without one plea
From mortal bonds I will be free...for

(chorus)

(Ring around)

Last edited:

Someone already done it, do it again different ....:uhoh::uhoh:

This is my take on a beautiful song called “On The Hook”, written by Seasonista SparkyUkulele (aka SparkyCola3). Sadly Sparky hasn’t posted here in a good while, but she’s a brilliant songwriter and player. Here’s her excellent original version: https://youtu.be/5thaE1j8sOE , which contains the line “Autumn the season who knows me better than anyone...”

And here’s my cover, which has electric tenor uke throughout, along with some keyboard bass, synth and rhythm:

Last edited:
I haven't had much time this week, so this is a rather spur-of-the-moment take on the song the theme immediately put into my head. A little taste of one of my all-time favorite bands, whose singer has an annoying habit of singing way up at the top of my range--not a good match for my allergies flaring up, but I like how it turned out.

This is a couple days later than I wanted, but here it is. In addition to mention of the Harvest Moon and having to stall till the fall (3rd verse), this record was released on the Equinox 51 years ago. The photo of The Band on the cover also looks like they are very much dressed for autumn weather in upstate New York.

Someone much better than me will have to have a go at The Unfaithful Servant. Want to give it another whirl Jim (Uke4ia)?

Last edited:
Top Bottom