Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kala Brand Clearance

Default Kala Brand Clearance

Hey, just saw that Kala is clearing out some models and accessories, giving some discounts and free shipping.

Some of their clearance deals are better than others.

Maybe worth a look.

I picked up a cedar topped baritone for $159.99 with free shipping.
    Note: There's no setup like Mim or HMS does. You just get what you get. You will likely need to do a setup.
    https://kalabrand.com/collections/clearance

Mim also has a clearance sale on Kala. Note: Mim will do a great set up for you at no additional charge.
    Unfortunately Mim has no Kala baritones.
    https://reverb.com/shop/mimsukes?page=3
    Last edited by Doc_J; 09-21-2020 at 02:24 AM.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Thanks for the heads up!
    I don't even know why, but I just bought a tenor ukulele.

Should I thank you or hate you?
    Now I'm going to find out why tenors are so popular here on UU.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_J View Post
    Hey, just saw that Kala is clearing out some models and accessories, giving some discounts and free shipping.

Some of their clearance deals are better than others.

Maybe worth a look.

I picked up a cedar topped baritone for $159.99 with free shipping.
    Note: There's no setup like Mim or HMS does. You just get what you get.

https://kalabrand.com/collections/clearance
    NOOOOOOOOO!!! I shouldn't have looked!!!!

I've been wanting that Kala Kiwi Ukulele forever! Even ordered it from Amazon a year or so ago, but they sent me a broken one. It is half price!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I have been wanting a pineapple shaped ukulele forever!!!!!

AND . . . . . .

What to do, what to do?????
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

If I were looking for a Kala (which I am not and perhaps never will), I am not sure I would buy direct from them. There was a thread on the topic of the company competing directly with their dealers and often undercutting them on price (like this sale would do). I would prefer paying a fair retail price to support those who offer setup and great customer service.

I know KoAloha does not sell direct specifically to not compete with their dealers. Other companies likely do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    If I were looking for a Kala (which I am not and perhaps never will), I am not sure I would buy direct from them. There was a thread on the topic of the company competing directly with their dealers and often undercutting them on price (like this sale would do). I would prefer paying a fair retail price to support those who offer setup and great customer service.

I know KoAloha does not sell direct specifically to not compete with their dealers. Other companies likely do the same.
    Thanks. After looking around more, if I decide to get a pineapple, I am leaning toward another brand.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post

Amen, amen, amen.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    NOOOOOOOOO!!! I shouldn't have looked!!!!

I've been wanting that Kala Kiwi Ukulele forever! Even ordered it from Amazon a year or so ago, but they sent me a broken one. It is half price!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I have been wanting a pineapple shaped ukulele forever!!!!!

AND . . . . . .

What to do, what to do?????
    I have a basic Kala KA-P which I love. However it did need a good set-up and a bit of general work on it to get it to sound and play as good as it does now - bought it many years ago and expect to have it for many more. I also bought an old Lanikai LU-21P - which had some signs of years of careful playing use - and that came pretty good after repair and other work on it ... should never have sold it. I’d considered the other Kala Pineapples and wanted one for a while, but to be honest I decided that their (novelty) looks would end up not being an asset everyday (perhaps occasionally but not everyday) and I had no reason to think that they’d sound any better than what I already have. I hope that my experience helps in your decision.

Kala undercutting their dealers seems just wrong to me but business is business and at times it’s ruthless. As for the sale items there is little that appeals to me in that line-up - which is perhaps just as well as I don’t need more Ukes and import costs would be prohibitive.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 09-20-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks for the info, Graham. Though the Kiwi is cute, I agree that the novelty look would not be an asset. I also don't like those business practices.

I have a Flight pineapple in my shopping cart. Just need to hit the buy button.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

Nuttin' to undercut right now in Honolulu. And the malls and music stores are closed for the lockdown. Mail order is the only choice if you want to buy. Plus, the internet killed off most of our music shops, bookstores and camera dealers a decade ago.

Ah, just bought a travel soprano uke. Thanks again for the sale notice.

Thread Information