Forest Ukuleles FUZZ-S Tenor - REVIEW

You are correct. I had in mind that those ukes generally do not have a USA-based dealer. Shipping costs to Hawaii from UK are ~$100 or more so that, if I buy a uke from there, the total uke+shipping costs would get me much more bang for the buck by buying from HMS n Hawaii or Aloha City Ukes (ACU) in Chicago. In other words, those UK ukes are not available to me at anything near to the prices listed in your reviews.

Those ukes that are only in UK, but can be shipped are still in the clear minority - Uluru, Millar and Oulcraft are literally the ONLY ones I can think of this year - everything else is truly international.

I'm in the UK - it costs a dealer a bit of money in shipping to send one to me and then get it collected. Obviously not likely dealers in the USA are going to ship one across the Atlantic at their cost for a review. Saying that - World of Ukes will ship to USA for FREE if the uke is more than 400 quid

Last edited:
Posting links to Barry's reviews on Ukulele Cosmos often results in quite an aggressive backlash. There are a few members there who either have odd personal grudges or else seem to believe that the forum is above such things as reviews. It's a strange atmosphere.

I've noticed that the Ukulele Cosmos doesn't seem to have a section to post ukulele reviews. Not sure why, that seems to make it more like a Ukulele Microcosm.

Those ukes that are only in UK, but can be shipped are still in the clear minority - Uluru, Millar and Oulcraft are literally the ONLY ones I can think of this year - everything else is truly international. ... ...
I searched Google & DuckDuckGo for a Forest ukulele & got no hits for the ukulele itself. If it's "international" it's well concealed.

However, I did get a hit for "Forest Ukulele" -- I read that site and it is keeping me awake at night. (shrieeeek!!!)

I searched Google & DuckDuckGo for a Forest ukulele & got no hits for the ukulele itself. If it's "international" it's well concealed.

However, I did get a hit for "Forest Ukulele" -- I read that site and it is keeping me awake at night. (shrieeeek!!!)

I put a link to the store at the end of the Forest review that explains they are not 'quite' launched yet - advised readers to contact the shop direct and ask for details. I have no part in the sales - but I DO know he has made it clear he will ship worldwide. That's all I was told.

Not that often I have a uke on review that is yet to hit market, but it does happen. Last one was the Klos all Carbon - which was still on a crowdsource thing. This isn't though - he's just waiting for gig bags to arrive before they get listed for sale.

I'm honestly struggling here to understand what more I can do.

Last edited:
... I'm honestly struggling here to understand what more I can do.
Short of walking on water and leaping tall buildings, you are THE best uke reviewer I have found. :love: However, your reviews often arouse my UAS monster to start shouting , "FEEED ME!!!" and I get frustrated when I cannot accede to its demands.

Last edited:
Matt at Forest Ukuleles has posted a sound comparison between the spruce-topped and cedar-topped FUZZ models here.

Good one, John.

I've noticed that the Ukulele Cosmos doesn't seem to have a section to post ukulele reviews. Not sure why, that seems to make it more like a Ukulele Microcosm.

I took delivery of the FUZZ-S (for Spruce) on Thursday.

It's bright!!! It's resonant!! I'm hooked!

I suspect it would perform well as a Campanella uke.

I took delivery of the FUZZ-S (for Spruce) on Thursday.

It's bright!!! It's resonant!! I'm hooked!

I suspect it would perform well as a Campanella uke.

Glad to hear it - hope you enjoy it. I think Matt has been over-run with orders!

Whilst looking at eBay this afternoon I noticed that another four ‘Forest Ukes’ have just been put up for sale. I’d post the link but the UU software defeats me tonight.

There are more again for sale direct from ‘The Uke Room’ including some discounted blems ... I do like a bargain.

I hope that this helps somebody.

Last edited:
Whilst looking at eBay this afternoon I noticed that another four ‘Forest Ukes’ have just been put up for sale. I’d post the link but the UU software defeats me tonight.

There are more again for sale direct from ‘The Uke Room’ including some discounted blems ... I do like a bargain.

I hope that this helps somebody.

Saw those. Also think I saw a post that (sadly) pointed out that Matt (being a one man band outfit, shopkeeper and teacher) was struggling to keep all the balls in the air - so I think for now he's putting the Forest ukes on hold. Now may be your last time for a while to bag one.

And I was looking forward to Matt perhaps extending the range to a baritone model, or a super-tenor model!

Last edited:
Top Bottom