Jupiter Tenor #77 Build Progress

I got to pick through a stack of redwood tops. Some had little or no streaking, but there were a couple that stood out. I figured go big or go home! This is definitely an instrument that's going to stand out in a crowd. :cool:

Good choice! Beautiful uke!

I'm ready to hear it.

That's a beauty! I really like that rosette too.

Ladies and Gentlemen, and children of all ages, I present to you Jupiter Ukulele Tenor #77.

7dVfZlq.png

I just got a mail from Jon telling me that it's ready. Sometime in the next few days, I'll drive out to Bethlehem, PA to pick it up (and pay him!). Once I get it home and get over my excitement, I'll post a proper NUD message and more photos.

Here's a recap:
- Watertank Redwood Top
- Pennsylvania Sycamore Back and Sides
- Brazilian Ebony Fretboard (radiused) and Saddle
- Mahogany Neck
- Black Bog Oak Binding and Heel Plate
- Side Sound Port
- Green Recon Stone Spiral Rosette
- Black and White Purfling
- Dogwood Root Burl Headplate
- Gotoh UPT Planetary Tuners
- MiSi Pickup

That is a beauty. My rosette is flipped horizontally from yours. The wide part is on the left. I like it being offset.

It's home! I drove over to Jon's house in Bethlehem PA yesterday and picked it up. It's gorgeous and sounds terrific. I'll add more photos and a sound sample soon. This has been a great experience and I have nothing but praise for Jupiter Ukulele and Jonathan Dale. If you're looking for a unique custom instrument, get yourself on his build list (he probably won't be starting up again until next spring, but it's worth the wait.)

SpKPQ3X.jpg

hFYS3k2.jpg

Top Bottom