Two new sopranos for sale to help non-profit

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
As many of you know, I am the founder of a non-profit performing arts center that is dedicated mostly to Children's programming. I am especially proud of the fact that we have brought legendary Hawaiian performers here to Southern New Jersey. Since March, due to COVID-19 we have had to shut our doors. Many artists are hurting but for us, it is the kids who are hurting the most. They have missed the classes, workshops, camps, and live performances, but also socialization with their theatre friends. Each year we have over 1,200 kids taking part in our programs. Without income, it has been a real struggle but we are doing everything we can to hang in so that we can be there for the kids when we can once again do live events, camps, and classes. Everyone in our arts organization, Mainstage Center for the Arts, is now volunteering their time and talents but there are still may monthly bills such as rent, insurance, etc that need to be paid.

In an effort to raise money, my friends at Rebel Ukulele Hawaii, and Alvin and Pat Okami from Ukesa Hawaii have donated ukes for us to sell and put the money towards the kid's programming. I will not be talking much about each ukulele because you can find all the details on the weblinks which I will include.

Ukulele #1 Brand New Rebel Double Creme Soprano with original Rebel gig bag. $500+$40 shipping
IMG_4564.jpgIMG_4569.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_4568.JPG

Website: http://therebelguitars.com/project/creme-brulee-soprano-d/

Ukulele #2 - Brand New totally remodeled "WOW" ukulele custom made by Alvin "Pops KoAloha" Okami $500+$40 Shipping
SOLD-- NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Many of you also know that for the past 6 years I have been helping Alvin "Pops" Okami with his new brand called UkeSA Hawaii. Pops is now making all of his ukes through Ukesa Hawaii. Every one of these ukes are sure to be colletor's items as each is handmade by Pops, himself. There is no such thing as a "Production uke" at UkeSA. Here is a link to this specific "Wow" that Alvin and Pat (Mom's) have offered for sale to help our kids at Mainstage Center for the Arts
website: https://ukesahawaii.com/product/the-newly-re-designed-wow-ukulele/

Last edited:
Made a donation via your Facebook page. Maybe you can put a link for others that might want to donate but are not in the market for your two ukuleles.

Made a donation via your Facebook page. Maybe you can put a link for others that might want to donate but are not in the market for your two ukuleles.

Hi Ed,

These are terrific ukuleles for a great cause. You have a wonderful organization and performing arts center.

Unfortunately, I don't play sopranos. But I too will be willing to donate some money. Please let us know where we can send the PayPal funds to help.

Good luck with the sale. Someone will be getting really nice instruments and helping the center at the same time.

Thank you so very much Kenn and David. As you can imagine, it has been a struggle in the arts where we are not able to open at all. We did a virtual camp in the summer. Most summers we have over 1,000 kids and employ 140. This summer we employed "0" and our staff volunteered to make videos. We got a letter from one Mom saying her son was in the hospital most of the summer and it was our videos that got him through. This is why we keep going even through the pandemic. Right now we are offering scholarships for virtual lessons for any families who lost their jobs or income due to COVID -19. All contributions are tremendously appreciated. Here is the link to our website for donations and more info on Mainstage Center for the Arts. Thanks again!!!

Donation Page: https://mainstage.secure.force.com/donate/?dfId=a0u0G00000BA47BQAT

Last edited:
Should we give to the Annual Fund, General Operating Fund or the Special Projects Fund? Or something else.

I don't want to give to the wrong category and then you not be able to use it because it's in the wrong bucket.

It ain't much, but I'd like it to go to where it's most needed.

I'm probably over-thinking this.

Donated with a personal note in the dedication citing UU so you can tell where the love is coming from. Unfortunately, we've saved money on concerts, so it's nice to have some to donate to groups like this.

Top Bottom