Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin T1K Tenor

Default Martin T1K Tenor

I've been trying to decide which uke will be my first (I currently have $45 saved for a uke). I am interested in the Martin T1K tenor Uke, but since there isn't too much talk about this Uke here on UU, I hope some of you who have owned one may be able to give some opinions/insight about this model. Thanks

Hey Mike,

I don't own a T1-K. Mine's the 1T IZ all Mahogany. (Nice instrument, but a little boomy with a Low-G.) I've read a lot of owners really like it.

If you are on Facebook, there is a Martin Ukulele group. They may be able to answer your questions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/185297831810034/about

It's not as busy as this Forum. But if you don't get a reply you might try there if you are a Facebook user.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Hey Mike,

I don't own a T1-K. Mine's the 1T IZ all Mahogany. (Nice instrument, but a little boomy with a Low-G.) I've read a lot of owners really like it.

If you are on Facebook, there is a Martin Ukulele group. They may be able to answer your questions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/185297831810034/about

It's not as busy as this Forum. But if you don't get a reply you might try there if you are a Facebook user.
    Thanks Kenn, but I'm not too excited to start using facebook. I will see if i can just look at their posts without posting myself. Just looked, I would have to join...
    Last edited by Mike $; 09-21-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike $ View Post
    I've been trying to decide which uke will be my first (I currently have $45 saved for a uke). I am interested in the Martin T1K tenor Uke, but since there isn't too much talk about this Uke here on UU, I hope some of you who have owned one may be able to give some opinions/insight about this model. Thanks
    I have the C1K. It looks nice and sounds nice. No regrets.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I owned a T1k. It was gorgeous, and had a great koa sound, with good volume and projection. A great value in an all solid koa tenor. The only reason I sold mine was the nut width, which was only 34mm, compared to many other tenors with 36-38mm nuts. Even Martin sopranos and concerts have wider nuts, usually around 36mm.

1.jpg
    3.jpg
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 09-22-2020 at 04:22 AM.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I have the C1K. It looks nice and sounds nice. No regrets.
    I'll second the endorsement for the C1K. I love mine. I'd say regardless whether or go for the tenor or a concert, buy from a dealer that shows you pictures of each individual uke. The wood grain in the Koa can vary greatly from instrument to instrument. I picked mine from the lot based on the swirled pattern on the back.
    Adam

Kamaka HF-1L Long-neck Soprano | Martin C1K | Martin S1 | Kremona Coco Concert | Taconic Cigar Box Ukulele "Bolivar"
    Kala Solid Spruce / Pau Ferro / Mango Tenor (Low G) | Outdoor Blue Nickel Soprano | Kala Waterman

I tried one. Martin T1K tenor has a very sweet koa tone; I like almost every thing about it. Would have been a good buy; the reason I didn't is that the finish is in very thin satin lacquer, which can be easily spoiled by my super sweaty and oily hands....

I have had a Martin T1K for about 7 years. It has great sound, volume, projection and sustain. It holds its own in a ukulele group. It is a keeper, I'd never consider selling this one.
    Check out the "Got A Ukulele" website, Baz gives the T1K a thorough review and a high rating.

Hi Mike. I own one and second the good thoughts voiced so far. I am trying to justify another purchase and so might look to sell mine. I would take a fair price. It is string with worth browns. PM me if interested
    Last edited by Mongo41; 09-22-2020 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Msg was truncated

I also had a T1K strung with Worth Browns. It was a great ukulele after I lowered the action a little. The only reason I sold it was to help finance a Ko'olau.
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Flight TUS-35

Thread Information