If you see that your post is cut off.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
A number of people have posted that their text gets cut off when they post, that's because an unrecognized punctuation or character was used. Use basic punctuation.

I tried a bullet and also accent marks over characters, someone else tried a GBP symbol, all no good.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Mike, I’ve had it happen with basic punctuation too. Enough times, that I’ve taken to making a copy of my message before I send it. That way, if it gets truncated, I can click the edit button and add the missing portion. It generally works okay the second time.

I’ve had mine get lopped off and when I edit it and paste the content (copied), it went through fine. It only stung the first few dozen times before I learned my lesson to copy before submitting. ;-)

The only time it cut off for me is when I used certain punctuation or accents, even if I tried to copy/paste. I had to delete the errant item to prevent cutoff.

What are the special characters, punctuation or accents that cause the "cut-off" problem? A comprehensive list would help us avoid this problem.

The only way to do that is as each person hits one, to list it. The ones I encountered I listed above.

It has only cut off posts for me when I have tried to reply with quote.

It has only cut off posts for me when I have tried to reply with quote.

Whereas that works for me but I can't use many symbols other than punctuation.

Whereas that works for me but I can't use many symbols other than punctuation.
Different browsers may use different quote characters - I think straight ones generally work but angled may not, and smart quotes are right out. Even with "wrong" characters, the path you take within UU appears to affect what is accepted. I've run into issues where somebody else successfully included a symbol which snipped the post in my reply (euro symbol in the specific case I'm thinking of).

I've received several PMs that got cut off on the site but which have the full text in the notification email.

I got cut off when I

Top Bottom