John from Liverpool

Reaction score
Hello, folks, not quite a total newby to the uke. I had a cheap soprano first time round, got fed up of sounding like a cat on the wall at midnight, so left it a couple of years, but am now back with a much nicer, bigger, better sounding Tenor Uke. A problem restringing brought me here actually, but I'll post about that in the appropriate thread. My fav tune I have (finally) learned, is George Harrison's Something. I watched Macca play this on the Uke on the George tribute concert, and thought 'I'd like to learn that' so I did. I've a hell of a lot to learn though, so look forward to reading the tips and tricks on here. Cheers. J from L.

Welcome to UU, John.
I hope you find a way out of those restringing issues, and that you'll have many special moments with your tenor!

Thank you, both. Yeah, odd this, bought some strings and they just won't reach the notes needed. I suspect I've been sold a pup as they say, perhaps soprano strings when I ordered tenor, or maybe they're strings for another instrument. But I'll post about this on another thread. Cheers.

Welcome to the UU Forum John.

Will watch for your restringing dilemma.

Top Bottom