RECIPE No Cook Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie (lactose free, vegan)

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
OK, I'll participate in this type of posting.

I'm lactose intolerant so I always look for recipes that I can modify. My nephew is also vegan, so I came up with this pie years ago to bring to our family Thanksgiving dinners every year (though not this year).

2 tubs organic Tofutti cream cheese (yellow cover, not blue)
1 can 16 oz organic pumpkin pie filling (Whole Foods)
1 large ready made graham cracker pie crust (Keebler)
1 package candied pecans for topping

Thoroughly mix together cream cheese and pumpkin pie filling until smooth
Pour into pie crust
Place candied pecans all around the top in a decorative way
Refrigerate over night.
Serve with soy whipped cream

I thought I had an old picture of one, but it looks like not. When I make the pie soon, I'll take a photo and upload it.

Last edited:
That sounds good. Reminds me of the Pumpkin Cheesecake I will be making for Thanksgiving. Can we substitute real cream cheese and get the same result?

Of course, and real whipped cream. i hesitated to call mine cheesecake because there are no eggs in the mixture and it's not baked.

Thanks Mike!

We actually made this! I can't wait to taste it. We did omit the tofu, and baked it. We don't eat tofu. Yeck. LOL

We actually made this! I can't wait to taste it. We did omit the tofu, and baked it. We don't eat tofu. Yeck. LOL

You give tofu a great disservice, especially when it's used as a substitute for milk. When I serve tofu cream cheese straight, everyone thinks it's milk based cream cheese. Milk is the great culprit for ulcerative colitis, though the drug companies and medical establishment will not admit it because they make so much money treating symptoms, not the real problem.

My identical twin brother had severe colitis for years, and I had a mild case. When I stopped eating all milk products, my symptoms went away, I told my brother and within a week all his problems went away. His doctor was charging him $500 every 6 months to run tests, and he spent hundreds of dollars a year for drugs. That was about 30 years ago and we never had a problem since. In fact, I'm sure of that because the rare time I do injest milk inadvertently, my symptoms are back.

Aloha Mike,

Have you experimented with/experienced the A2/A1 protein difference in milk? https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/a1-milk-a2-milk-america/. Dairy here at home makes me sick, but can eat as much as I want in Europe. Of course, once you figure out how to cook dairy-free it's not that big of a deal, but a man still loves real cheese... I've found Swiss-made cheese at Costco and it doesn't seem to bother me. A great alternative, FWIW.

Aloha Mike, Have you experimented with/experienced the A2/A1 protein difference in milk? https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/a1-milk-a2-milk-america/. Dairy here at home makes me sick, but can eat as much as I want in Europe. Of course, once you figure out how to cook dairy-free it's not that big of a deal, but a man still loves real cheese... I've found Swiss-made cheese at Costco and it doesn't seem to bother me. A great alternative, FWIW.

I haven't, Brad but I didn't mention that goat milk based items are no problem, I have goat cheese often in various forms. The substitute almond cheeses I use are good for me. Even the slightest cows milk content gets to me. Thank you.

Ah ha, I found the other thread! I’m going to try this recipe :)

I spent lockdown perfecting a vegan chocolate cake recipe so if anyone would like it let me know.

“Milk is the great culprit for ulcerative colitis, though the drug companies and medical establishment will not admit it because they make so much money treating symptoms, not the real problem.”

You are absolutely right Mike! There is a fascinating documentary on Netflix called What the Health that looks at these companies in detail. The same companies own dairy and drug producers.

The Libby's canned pumpkin we get here in England is just 100% pumpkin. Are you using one that has additional spices like cinnamon etc added?

The Libby's canned pumpkin we get here in England is just 100% pumpkin. Are you using one that has additional spices like cinnamon etc added?

There is Libby's and Libby's Easy. The Easy needs fewer ingredients added to it, so it's easy. :)

Haha that does sound easy. We can’t get that here but as the pure Libbys costs the equivalent of 2.5 dollars a can I probably couldn’t afford the easy version :D

Haha that does sound easy. We can’t get that here but as the pure Libbys costs the equivalent of 2.5 dollars a can I probably couldn’t afford the easy version :D

I costs $3.29 here. I used to buy the store brand from a different store, but that would require shopping in person. As it is now, I place my order online, and when I arrive, someone puts it in the trunk (boot :) ) of my car.

It's pumpkin pie filling, organic and ready to go with spices and all.

I think I have a spice mix recipe somewhere I’ll dig out (we don’t get that here either!)

I do love pumpkin, I read it’s very good for you. Most mornings I have the following smoothie:

Almond milk, half a banana, large spoon of pumpkin, teaspoon of almond butter, tablespoon of ground oats, sprinkle of cinnamon

Debbie :)

I costs $3.29 here. I used to buy the store brand from a different store, but that would require shopping in person. As it is now, I place my order online, and when I arrive, someone puts it in the trunk (boot :) ) of my car.

We have just entered our second lockdown here Jerry and we used the boot trick a lot the first time around :D

We were not allowed visits from family so they would place birthday presents in the boot of our car and we would wave from the window. What strange times we are living through! Keep safe, Debbie.

Top Bottom