FS: Martin T1K Koa Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongo41

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For sale is a Martin T1K strung with Worth browns. Selling to fund another purchase. I am the second owner, and have played it sparingly since purchasing in March. No dings, dents or blemishes that I can see.

I am looking for $425, and will include the hard case that you see in the pics for $40 more. I will ship free within Canada, and I am willing to share the cost for shipping to the CONUS.

Please PM me if interested.

Attachments

• Martin1.jpg
    Martin1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 161
  • Martin2.jpg
    Martin2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Martin3.jpg
    Martin3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Martin6.jpg
    Martin6.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Martin4.jpg
    Martin4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 90
A beautiful instrument; I owned one of these models years ago and it was a joy to play and it sounded wonderful! I only rehomed mine as I realized that I needed a radius fretboard due to ongoing wrist issues in my fretting hand. Good luck with your sale, Mongo41!

Edit: Meant to also add a ‘thank you’ for including the paper with the date in your pics — I know that I may be ‘old school,’ but I appreciate it when sellers include this in their ads per recommendations by UU.

Last edited:
Can you tell me how wide is the neck at the nut? I am asming because I would be interested but I read in other posts that the nut width is very narrow.Thanks!

Thanks Ukecaster and Hochapeafarm (how do you pronounce that?) for the kind words. Yeah, I really like the uke's sound, look and feel, especially once I switched to the worth browns - they really seem to bring out the best in it. Unfortunately, I'm being kept on a rigid one-in one-out policy, and a solid body electric is on its way.

Gerardo Neck width at the nut is 1 11/32". That's from the Martin website (here: https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/ukulele/t1k-uke/). Comparing it to my Rebel, although the neck width on the Martin is narrower, the string spacing is about the same -- the Martin's strings are noticeably closer to the edge. Hope that helps.

1 11/32" equates to 34mm. That's what mine was. On mine, the string spread at the nut (some would say the more important number) was 29mm, thus the strings appear close to the edge. IMO, the 29mm string spread at the nut is pretty roomy for fingering. Sometimes I wish I kept mine, the sound was great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom