Chee/Maisel in Hawaii

Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel have moved to Hawaii. That's a big move, in more ways than one. As nice as Hawaii is, they will have very long plane rides every time they do anything. I wonder which island.

I believe Craig is kama'aina, born and raised on Oahu. I'm not sure where Sarah is from. Can't beat the weather or the food! My wife is from Oahu and except for this year we usually spend 4-6 weeks there. I always come back with at least 5 extra pounds despite going to the gym every day. Most of it's from eating Ani's sweet potato haupia pies!!!

I believe Craig is kama'aina, born and raised on Oahu. I'm not sure where Sarah is from. Can't beat the weather or the food! My wife is from Oahu and except for this year we usually spend 4-6 weeks there. I always come back with at least 5 extra pounds despite going to the gym every day. Most of it's from eating Ani's sweet potato haupia pies!!!

I've been to Maui once and the Big Island four times. I love Hawaii!

I've been to Maui once and the Big Island four times. I love Hawaii!

My favorite outer island is Kauai. A little slower pace. We haven't traveled off Oahu in 9-10 years. Most of my wife's family live on Oahu so we tend to just stay there. We spent an afternoon in Makawao on Maui the last time we were there. We really enjoyed it. We spent a week on Hawaii that trip as well on Kona side and heard a pretty entertaining street musician named Bosco. The only downside that trip was the gas prices. Cheapest gas on Maui was $4.32 and it was summer so we were using the ac the whole time.
We're both retired now so we have been going over October to November. Not this year unfortunately.
UU member MMStan has become a good friend and we always get together, usually to hear Led Kaapana. We went to hear Jon Yamasato and Herb Ohta Jr last fall as well as Bryan Tolentino, Hale Seabury, Benny Chong and Byron Yasui. Always someone to go hear. Benny blew me away!
Saw you live in the Catskill area. One of my friends used to work summers playing bass in the house band at The Brickman back in the late 70's. Is it still open?

My favorite outer island is Kauai. A little slower pace. We haven't traveled off Oahu in 9-10 years. Most of my wife's family live on Oahu so we tend to just stay there. We spent an afternoon in Makawao on Maui the last time we were there. We really enjoyed it. We spent a week on Hawaii that trip as well on Kona side and heard a pretty entertaining street musician named Bosco. The only downside that trip was the gas prices. Cheapest gas on Maui was $4.32 and it was summer so we were using the ac the whole time.
We're both retired now so we have been going over October to November. Not this year unfortunately.
UU member MMStan has become a good friend and we always get together, usually to hear Led Kaapana. We went to hear Jon Yamasato and Herb Ohta Jr last fall as well as Bryan Tolentino, Hale Seabury, Benny Chong and Byron Yasui. Always someone to go hear. Benny blew me away!
Saw you live in the Catskill area. One of my friends used to work summers playing bass in the house band at The Brickman back in the late 70's. Is it still open?

Yes, things tend to be pricey ion Hawaii. We always stayed at time shares, so we paid $150 for a week in a very large place. We were spoiled.

Yes, it looks like the Brickman is still there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/30069063071/

Yes, things tend to be pricey ion Hawaii. We always stayed at time shares, so we paid $150 for a week in a very large place. We were spoiled.

Yes, it looks like the Brickman is still there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/30069063071/

I stay at my brother in law's house! Sometimes they head to the west coast to visit their kids and grandkids so we house sit. We're definitely spoiled!
I went up to the Brickman a couple of times while my buddy was playing there. I crashed in the dorm rooms they had for some of the employees. I remember seeing The Four Aces and Jan Murray!!!!! Talk about names from the past! The house band was maybe 10 pieces and would back up the big name acts. I was supposed to go play 2nd trumpet for George Kirby. They were adding a few horns but I already had a gig that weekend. Nice area as I recall.

I stay at my brother in law's house! Sometimes they head to the west coast to visit their kids and grandkids so we house sit. We're definitely spoiled!
I went up to the Brickman a couple of times while my buddy was playing there. I crashed in the dorm rooms they had for some of the employees. I remember seeing The Four Aces and Jan Murray!!!!! Talk about names from the past! The house band was maybe 10 pieces and would back up the big name acts. I was supposed to go play 2nd trumpet for George Kirby. They were adding a few horns but I already had a gig that weekend. Nice area as I recall.

Nice memories. I played the trumpet in the school band. The good old days.

Sarah is from Alabama.

Sounds lovely! I've never been to Hawaii. I'm going when they build a bridge from the mainland . . . ::p

Sounds lovely! I've never been to Hawaii. I'm going when they build a bridge from the mainland . . . ::p

The flights are long but it's the only way other than a cruise ship. We fly direct out of JFK on Hawaiian Airlines. One flight a day each way. It's not too bad, the food is good. Leave JFK at 10 am and arrive about 3 in the afternoon.
Flight back is a redeye that gets in to JFK around 7am. That's a tough one, I can't sleep on a plane. I get a one way rental and drive us home, we're 15 miles north of New Haven, Ct.

The flights are long but it's the only way other than a cruise ship. We fly direct out of JFK on Hawaiian Airlines. One flight a day each way. It's not too bad, the food is good. Leave JFK at 10 am and arrive about 3 in the afternoon.
Flight back is a redeye that gets in to JFK around 7am. That's a tough one, I can't sleep on a plane. I get a one way rental and drive us home, we're 15 miles north of New Haven, Ct.

Yeah, I am not riding any form of transportation that I can't say "Stop for a minute. I need to get off for a few!"

Don't give up on that idea. :D
----------------------------------

A man was walking along a Florida beach and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it, and out popped a genie.

The genie said, "OK, You released me from the lamp, blah blah blah. This is the fourth time this month, and I'm getting a little sick of these wishes so you can forget about three... You only get one wish!"

The man sat, and thought about it for a while and said, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I'm scared to fly, and I get very seasick. Could you build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over there to visit?"

The genie laughed and said, "That's impossible!!!

Think of the logistics of that! How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Pacific? Think of how much concrete -- how much steel!! No, think of another wish."

The man said, "OK, I'll try to think of a really good wish."

Finally, he said, "I've been married and divorced four times. My wives always said that I don't care and that I'm insensitive.

So, I wish that I could understand women, know how they feel inside, and what they're thinking when they give me the silent treatment. Know why they're crying, know what they really want when they say "nothing,", know how to make them truly happy."

The genie said, "Do you want that bridge to be two lanes or four?"

Don't give up on that idea. :D
----------------------------------

A man was walking along a Florida beach and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it, and out popped a genie.

The genie said, "OK, You released me from the lamp, blah blah blah. This is the fourth time this month, and I'm getting a little sick of these wishes so you can forget about three... You only get one wish!"

The man sat, and thought about it for a while and said, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I'm scared to fly, and I get very seasick. Could you build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over there to visit?"

The genie laughed and said, "That's impossible!!!

Think of the logistics of that! How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Pacific? Think of how much concrete -- how much steel!! No, think of another wish."

The man said, "OK, I'll try to think of a really good wish."

Finally, he said, "I've been married and divorced four times. My wives always said that I don't care and that I'm insensitive.

So, I wish that I could understand women, know how they feel inside, and what they're thinking when they give me the silent treatment. Know why they're crying, know what they really want when they say "nothing,", know how to make them truly happy."

The genie said, "Do you want that bridge to be two lanes or four?"

:p OK, I'll start packing my bags!! ;)

On one of my flights, I had to get off on Oahu, but my luggage stayed on. When I arrived on the Big Island, it was waiting for me. The plane continued to the B. I., but I had to switch to another flight. Odd.

Top Bottom