New look Ukulele Site

Counter

Reaction score
I love it! It was excellent before but this is even better. Great work :cool:

I like that there is now just one listing for each uke model and then you can select the specific uke from the dropdown if there are more than one available.

Something new that I noticed on the revamped website this morning (or perhaps I just flat-out missed it before) are complete measurements for a ukulele. For example, under details for the Islander Mahogany Concert (MC-4-HNS Honu):

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 9.16.12 AM.jpg

Seems to have this data for most ukuleles but not every ukulele - like the KoAloha KCM-25 has full info, but not the KoAloha Opio Concert.

Especially nice to see data for String Spacing at Nut and 12th Fret, from G to C and G to A. (As if I needed ANOTHER reason to be all over theukulelesite.com)

My web browser knows that I shouldn't be buying any ukuleles right now. When I try to go the the site using Firefox, I get:
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Guess I better wait before I check out the new look for the site.

Edited to add:
Tried on my tablet, and that had a security warning too w/ Safari.

Hope it's just a temporary glitch for them, or the business might suffer when people don't think it's safe to look at the site.
I'm glad that I got my order for Uke Logic strings in before this became a problem.

Last edited:
Seems the shipping costs have risen after website revamp. Free shipping for US for an order over 500USD [instead of 400USD], and no more free international shipping for any orders over 800USD.
Also one will need to pay for the setup for lower priced ukes.

I like that there is now just one listing for each uke model and then you can select the specific uke from the dropdown if there are more than one available.

I like this new feature though.

Last edited:
My web browser knows that I shouldn't be buying any ukuleles right now. When I try to go the the site using Firefox, I get: Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead .

Tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge on Win10 (including through a VPN) with no problems.

HMS was great before the new site, and "greaterer" now. The biggest problem for me is that the new, enlarged, pictures of a couple of ukes that I might want someday, now make me believe I absolutely need another uke! :p

Tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge on Win10 (including through a VPN) with no problems.

HMS was great before the new site, and "greaterer" now. The biggest problem for me is that the new, enlarged, pictures of a couple of ukes that I might want someday, now make me believe I absolutely need another uke! :p

I wonder why I'm having problems, then. I'll go with the theory that my devices are trying to keep me from buying anything right now.
But I sure do enjoy their videos, and looking at what they have to offer. Not at the risk to my devices, though.

I wonder why I'm having problems, then. I'll go with the theory that my devices are trying to keep me from buying anything right now.
But I sure do enjoy their videos, and looking at what they have to offer. Not at the risk to my devices, though.

It's usually because the security certificates on your browser are out of date or alternatively something funky is going on with your ISP or internet connection in general. An actual man-in-the-middle or similar kind of attack is unlikely and nothing to do with the site itself.

https://theukulelesite.com/

I see their second store is closed - temporarily, I hope.

It should be a permanent closure. The Kaka'ako store reopened for the last holidays due to lease obligations but was scheduled to close even before the pandemic. They had intentions of consolidating all their operations under one roof, including retail, setup and shipping, but I believe those plans did not come to fruition.

They still have links to every ukulele I have bought from them except for the most recent which is a bit odd. Hopefully it will appear again.

I'm also loving the bigger photographs.

At 3:10pm EDT, I just got a "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead" on Firefox. Curioius. I'm guessing that it has to do with its certificate and being a new site, probably with a different IP. As I wrote, earlier no problems.

Edit - tried again and no problem. I'm guessing, with time it will work for everyone w/o problems.

Last edited:
At 3:10pm EDT, I just got a "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead" on Firefox. Curioius. I'm guessing that it has to do with its certificate and being a new site, probably with a different IP. As I wrote, earlier no problems.

Edit - tried again and no problem. I'm guessing, with time it will work for everyone w/o problems.

I get the warning when the "www" is part of the address. I think it was Jerry above who linked it without the "www" and I don't get any warning there. Also using Firefox.

Cool to see this thread - I was just about to post on this, but checked first to see if someone else had reported the news about HMS’ new web site. Just now watching their latest vid - a livestream vid celebrating the launch of their new site. Unfortunately, I am not able to access the new site as the old one keeps coming up; I’m guessing it’s cache issue and I likely need to clear it out on my tablet. Excellent livestream they’re doing - only wish the time zone situation allowed for me to have participated in the chat. HMS is also offering a yearly membership — not sure if folks have seen that yet — I think it’s $50 per year and it entitles you to some benefits, like 2 lessons per month, if I understood things correctly on the livestream. I’ve been wondering if they’d opt for a membership model - I plan to join - I love everything about HMS and all of the wonderful things they bring to the ‘ukulele community — they’re awesome! Yeah, I’m definitely a fan girl of HMS! :)

Also, on the livestream, they mentioned losing a lot of their reviews with the transition to the new web site; they’re asking people to go to the new site and redo your review(s) on ukes you’ve purchased at HMS.

Top Bottom