Fantastic Amp For Ukulele--The Raezer's Edge Luna 200R and One-6

Mattn

Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to tell you about my latest find: the Raezer's Edge Luna 200R and One-6 speaker combo.

I gig with ukulele--playing swing, jazz, and seasonal music. The challenge has always been achieving great tone while getting usable volume without feedback. I have tried many things--always with mixed results.

My pickup is an Aloha Twin by K&K with a Paracoustic DI by Baggs. I have the same pickup installed in each of my gigging ukes: Dave Thormalehn Tenor ukes (he makes fine harps primarily, but makes ukes occasionally).

The Luna was primarily designed with jazz guitarists in mind, but the owner of Raezer's Edge told me that they designed the preamp to handle anything. The main benefit is the parametric mid control. I can use it to knock out resonant feedback and it eliminates the necessity of the Baggs preamp--I can go direct!

Finally, I get great tone, great volume and usable dynamic range that let me settle into the mix of a swing combo!

You can see by the picture that the 6" speaker is very compact and the featherweight head sits neatly on top. It all comes with the travel bag for easy transportation--plus there is room for cables, etc.

It has 200 watts of warm, clean lovely power. I plan to use an extension speaker to increase coverage--another one-6 with the "extended range" option.

It wasn't cheap, but it does what I have always wanted an amp to do.

Attachments

• luna.jpg
    luna.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Luna bag.jpg
    Luna bag.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom