Recommend me your fav pickup for perccusive style

I've watched a lot of youtube videos on perussive style playing.

In part, I think the answer to your question depends on what sort of percussive style you're developing.

My impression is that some people have a separate pickup head located in the upper bout specifically for index finger flicks.

But if your percussion is concentrated on or around the bridge, then maybe that is unnecessary.

Lately I've been leaning towards percussive style, what pickup do you recommend for that ?

Thanks!

If percussive is what you want then any old cheap piezo pickup will do the job. Percussive in spades. What you spend your money on with more expensive systems is to NOT have the percussive sound. If you want to tap the top in a particular spot then you can fit a secondary piezo spot pickup in that spot.

NOT an LR Baggs Five-0. They have a high-pass filter in the circuit. Otherwise a great-sounding pickup, but if you want to tap it to blow out the speakers...no can.

I'll echo the thoughts here: probably an SBT style would be best.

Lately I've been leaning towards percussive style, what pickup do you recommend for that ?

Thanks!

I know nothing about pickups, so here's my comment. :)

I have seven ukes with pickups, and they are all K&K. Only one was bought new, the Duke 10, and that has a single pickup. All the others have the K&K Aloha Twin. I'm not sure what that means, but there it is.

Top Bottom