Season 450: Reprising Randy's Alphabet Week

There's no way I'd get 26 videos in, but I can manage A to Z in one!
The Alphabet theme screamed Sesame Street to me, so here's Big Bird's song about a remarkable word he can't quite figure out (and more recently stolen by Elmo)

Played on the Ambian baritone (visible on the wall in the corner)

YouTube is plodding along as I wait to get you this last minute entry for the letter J....
....waiting......
.....waiting......

i'm waving the chequered flag on this week!
thank you so much folks for embracing the season and the reason.
fair to say Randy's music and memory lives on. :)
so much wonderful music.
i will post tomorrow/or next with a full wrap and 'virtual' awards to you virtuoso seasonistas...
thank you all.
:love:

Thanks for the week, Jon ... and WHAT a week; you (and everybody else, for that matter) must be exhausted! It was great to remember Randy ... not that he will ever be forgotten by the people here!

Bugger. I ran out of week before I ran out of letters. Excellent week all week and what it was tooo......

Now go and have a lie down Jon !!

hey folks!

what an amazing week it was!
i'm so grateful to you all. we had everything this season,
so many styles, genres, instrumentals, originals and no stone unturned.
it was an absolute treat for me. thank you.

we ended up w/ 248 performances!
i was going to give some shout-outs to folks, but w/ the sheer volume
i would end up filling a page, so just a few thoughts here...

First,
congratulations to Wim, Andy, Liz and Jim for making it through the entire alphabet.
Stamina and focus (and talent) i could only dream of. Y'all were amazing and
your music, wonderful. (though i probably don't need to buy a U2 album now for awhile!)

Second,
a huge thank you to Andy for reprising 3 of Randy's awesome original songs.
It meant a lot brother, so thank you.

Third,
i need to mention CeeJay.
Not only was the diversity of his music mindbending,
but he undoubtedly now holds the unofficial award for playing the most number of
different instruments in any given week thus far on the journey.
And it was all damn good.

Fourth,
thank you to those who wrote and recorded original songs.
They were beacons this week.
Brian, John, Chelle, Jim, Liz, Lynda, Joko, Berni
and of course hearing Randy's songs via Andy was a lovely thing also.
Blown away by your music folks; and several of the best songs i have heard this year.
As a fellow singer-songwriter, these got me bigtime.

Finally,
i am just compiling a playlist here of some of the performances that hit home for me,
for different reasons. i'm trying to reduce 248 to 24, no easy feat (but 24 was the number i used to wear playing footy!).

again, thank you everybody for embracing this week
and Randy's memory.
love.
xo
jon

SEASON 450: some host's selections

i'll stop gabby gabbying now and leave it to our brother to take it out here... :)

Thanks for a great and exhausting (especially for you) week, Jon! I can't believe that four people actually managed to get through the whole alphabet. This was a lovely way to remember, Randy, and it was great that he was able to round off the week.

Incredible, record breaking week, Jon.

It was so sad to see Randy in that video with the little girl he would not live to see grow to womanhood.

Thanks for the honourable mention . Cheers.

we all do Lefty.
miss you round here the same.

Yep, missing you, TCK — btw, don’t know if you saw my PM a couple weeks or so ago... hope you’re all doing AOK...

Brother, Jon — congrats on hosting a stellar week of incredible music — such an inspiration seeing how Randy has touched so many lives on this forum (and outside of the forum)...sure wish that I could have had a chance to interact with him, here.

Lots o’ congrats to those mentioned on the wrap-up playlist Jon created — and, brother Jon, heartfelt thanks for the mention on ‘A Fools’ Parade,’ too — means a lot to me... xoxo

Top Bottom