Season 450: Reprising Randy's Alphabet Week

I am only going to post one song this week, but it is alphabetically inspired, since it's a tragic tale in Five "Acts" (or verses, if you prefer) and each Act is titled using the Five Basic Vowel sounds (A E I O U )

However, there is more to the structure than that. Can anyone see what I have done in each Act that is alphabetically interesting? No prizes for the first person to spot it, just the unbelievable smugness you will feel at being correct. Good hunting!

Here's:

PS The clue is in the title.

hi everyone.
a busy day here in many ways.
i have my son here with me and flower deliveries and etc...
playlist is current to entry #156 (correcting histories stories)
and comments are current to entry #146 (red flag day).
i'll endeavour to catch up tomorrow and get back to you then.
needless to say the 30-odd songs i heard and replied to today were wonderful
and have just continued the lovely vibe of this week flowing.
thank you all for embracing the season and Randy's memory.
goodnight now.

Time constraints will probably limit me to just one song this week - and here it is:

Some of you may be aware of the Christmas truce - a series of widespread unofficial ceasefires along the Western Front of the First World War around Christmas 1914. British, French and German soldiers crossed trenches to talk, sing carols and even play football. My own great grandfather spent the whole war fighting in those trenches in horrendous conditions and thankfully survived the ordeal.

This song is about that event and the wider futility of war, and was released by Liverpool band The Farm in 1991.

Hello again, Jon! For "C" a romantic song from France ... recorded immediately after unblocking the kitchen sink; life in France is not necessarily all it's cracked up to be! This will be the last one from me as I am getting a cold and losing my voice ... but it will give me a chance to catch up on (at least some) of everyone else's contributions. Many thanks for the week ... you have your work cut out here!

A song that will always be associated with Mario Lanza the famous Tenor.I'm more of a Baritone.

Sotu 450 '' F '' Fly Me To The Moon.

Just riffing over a Toontrack EZdrummer drum beat and a lead sheet for the chords........

It's been a very hectic week for me here, and I doubt i'll be able to watch and comment on all of the videos, much less try and get a high volume of videos done myself. But I wanted to say how amazing it is to see so many of you nailing so many performances! Also, I'm very touched by those of you honoring and remembering Randy here in various ways, including covering some of his original songs. Some of his videos really were/are like nothing else i've ever seen on the seasons before or since. He had a wonderful sense of humor and he was among the nicest human beings i've ever met! Rock on in his honor ~

H is for...

Our esteemed season host and all round excellent human being, Jon, joins me on this one.
Huge thanks for making the time to bring your magic in what must be a VERY hectic week!
Always an honour and a privilege to have you aboard, brother!

Sotu 450 G Get Rhythm

One that deserves far more exposure. Every bit as toe tapping as 'Folsom'.

Top Bottom