Season 450: Reprising Randy's Alphabet Week

This theme isn't ever going to me much good for me, unless I know in advance to take the week off from work. Last time, I got up to "B" while others finished the alphabet, and the same is happening this week.

So here's "A". It's a Steely Dan song I chose and practiced last night, and recorded today. I'd thought of doing an original called "Archimedes Can Go Screw", but I couldn't come up with anything beyond the title.

I had "A Little Bit Me" queued up, but couldn't get the pattern right. So I'm relying on the old stuff.

Great season, y'all. Time to get to work!

SOTU 450 - "Bad Time To Be In Love" - Originally by Grand Funk Railroad. I heard a cover by the Jayhawks I liked, got Kev and Xing Xing lined up and away we went!

[video]https://studio.youtube.com/video/mIuOGShayWY/edit[/video]

SOTU 450 - "BAD TIME TO BE IN LOVE" - Originally by Grand Funk Railroad. I heard a cover by the Jayhawks, rounded up Kev and Xing Xing and away we went!

C is for Chocolate Jesus! A strange Tom Waits song about an immaculate confection....

I managed to get to "D"!
One of my favorite Kinks songs.
Hope all is well. Cheers

didn't think i had a D in me this week but was inspired by the wisdom displayed in a comment on my last vid to bring this paoriginal along

Last edited:
There are only a few songs in the Rilo Kiley catalog not sung by Jenny Lewis. Here’s one of them. R is for Ripcord...

Last edited:
Another reprise I think. S is for Sad...

An astute viewer would notice the jump back in time based on lighting in attire. I am going to beg for forgiveness from our host and admit that I recorded a couple last night out of order, because Bowie was giving me fits.

I love Woody Guthrie songs, and I love Wilco. Billy Bragg is ok too I guess. Here’s another from the Mermaid Ave set. U is for Unwelcome...

Seeing as how Sean got the ball rolling, let’s have some more Kinks. This one puts on the Rose-tinted glasses and gets all nostalgic. V is for Victoria...

amazing everyone.
having a ball here as much as you all seem to be. :)
the playlist and comments are now current to Electric Blue above,

it's getting increasingly difficult to give shout outs, given the sheer volume of entries
and without taking up a whole page, but i'm gonna try anyway.

since my last shout outs to 118, we're now at 194 entries.
cast in order of appearance.

A Fool's Parade
Nature Boy
Guttavisar
My Blue Heaven
Correcting History's Stories
Fingerpoppin
Something's Missing
All Together Now
The Giant of Illinois
Fly Me To The Moon
Any Major Dude Will Tell You
The Satisfactory Waltz

again, thank you folks for another wonderful day of music.

P is for Play A Simple Melody by Irving Berlin from 1914.
I got my darlin', lovely wife to help me out with this one. Thanks Maggie!

Last edited:
Top Bottom