Season 450: Reprising Randy's Alphabet Week

Hey brother, here's one from me. Not sure how many I can pack in for the week, been busier lately than in a very long time, but looking forward to the challenge.

I managed to get "B" song done. Back In The Race by Glen Campbell:

Lots of beaut songs coming in - sure hope this gets the views it deserves -
btw Randy was not a fan of big text or of reposting a vid to give it more attention - i hope he'd allow this one

I looked, and it turns out I've covered most of Randy's originals that have titles beginning with the latter 'A', but not this one.

Dedicated to all of the Seasonistas who are no longer with us in person, but live on through the music they shared with all of us.

wow! have to say i'm shocked after just coming on now and to see
that we're already on page 5! you folks truly amaze me.
guess i should have known what i was getting myself into this week!
looks i have a big day of musical listening ahead and which i'm
going to thoroughly enjoy. thank you for a great kick off y'all.
enjoy the rest of your day every body, wherever you are.
i'll get a playlist up later on...

Shave, shower and a costume change later.....
Manged to get one more in for the day. Hope to get more in later in the week. If not, I hope we can catch up at some point soon Jon.
Chinese Translation.

the playlist is up at post #1.
what a wonderful collection of songs so far.
comments are good to the current point.
thank you everyone.
LOVE.
too many highlights to mention right now, they're all so fresh
in my ears and my heart. i'll check back later today
w/ perhaps a few shout outs thus far.

For Season 450 of the ukulele, here's my submission, "Another Lonely Day" by Ben Harper. For baritone ukulele with singing, and overdubs of Ashbory Ubass and secondary vocal. Thanks to Jon for hosting! I'll only be posting one video, but I will try to watch at least everyone's "A" submission.

F is for Foolish Questions by Billy Murray - 1909

I learned this from a record by Jackie Washington. I first saw Jackie at The Black Swan coffee house in Hamilton, Ontario in the early sixties and he became my guitar hero. I have had a few chances to hang out with Jackie and did a couple of 2 hour car rides with Jackie riding shotgun. I last saw him in 2007 at his 88th birthday party. Jackie left the planet in 2009.
Jim & Jackie W..jpg

Last edited:
C is for Close My Eyes. This may not play in all countries, at least according to the visibility meter in YT Studio. Whatever happened to fair use...

Last edited:
a wonderful first day all.
43 songs and not yet 24 hours.
been a super day of musical discoveries for me.
thank you every one.
i'm going to log off now but i'll catch up tomorrow with you.
much love. xo

"Before I Go" - Guy Sebastian cover

I've been wanting to have a go at this song for ages, but it's a bit tricky. I just plunged in and did it anyway!!

Starting with what may be longest song ever posted as a Seasons entry is not a good strategy to get through the alphabet....

so lets switch strategies to a song that is not only very short, but also an original.

Top Bottom