FS: KoAloha KSM-00 Soprano (Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dohle

Reaction score
20200928_145025.jpg
More photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ewTVgBkdLeVfWLZT7

I've decided to sell my KoAloha KSM-00 Soprano, the simple reason being that it doesn't get enough play time as it used to because I've acquired other soprano ukes that have a warmer tone which I prefer. I purchased this one in January and the neck block tells me it was made in September 2019, so about a year old. I have played this a fair bit but there are no signs of wear.

I think most here know the characteristics of a KoAloha soprano, but just for the sake of clarity, this one has a really punchy and bright tone with that quintessential Koa sweetness and warmth. Probably the loudest soprano I have.

- Solid koa, obviously
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- TUSQ nut and saddle
- Original KoAloha friction tuners, best friction tuners I've used personally
- The finish is gloss but more of an open pore meaning that there are slight traces of unevenness but only in the back and not obvious
- Ko'olau Alohi strings

I should mention that I have brought this uke to a luthier who fixed the chimey sound of the G and A strings that can be typical for some KoAlohas because of poorly cut nut slots. This issue is completely fixed now and as a result the action is very low and comfortable.

Will be provided with the Thomann branded hardcase seen in the photo. It's not a completely snug fit so I will put some packaging material inside the case for protection but the case is perfectly fine for storage and travel.

Asking for 500 Euros. Shipping included within Europe. European/EU buyers preferred. Will send worldwide as well but then I'll have to ask the buyer to pay for postage. Buyer will also be responsible for any import costs that might occur.

Last edited:
Let's sweeten the deal. Free shipping for European buyers.

Such a great deal! This is seriously challenging my 'cured' UAS. Good luck with the sell!

Hey there, where are u situated in Europe? Netherlands here. Which other 'warmer' sopranos do you have? Kamaka HF-1 here, and a tinguitar reclaimed Brazilian mahogany soprano here. Interested in the ksm though.

Such a great deal! This is seriously challenging my 'cured' UAS. Good luck with the sell!

Thanks! :D

Hey there, where are u situated in Europe? Netherlands here. Which other 'warmer' sopranos do you have? Kamaka HF-1 here, and a tinguitar reclaimed Brazilian mahogany soprano here. Interested in the ksm though.

I live in Finland. Postage shouldn't be an issue (unless it's a mess in your end). I have an HF-1 as well which I prefer strictly because of the warmer sound. I also have a Kiwaya KTS-7, Ken Timms Cuban mahogany and aNueNue Moon Bird, all of which I would describe as warmer than the KoAloha. The Timms particularly is incredibly warm for a soprano and even with fluorocarbon strings.

To be completely honest, I'm in two minds about selling this now. I did a string change (see updated description) to Ko'olau Alohi strings which I had lying around. They are pretty much the same as D'Addario Titaniums. They gave the KoAloha a bit more warmth while still retaining the typical punch of a KoAloha soprano. I'm liking this uke more now than I did previously. :D

Ok, I'm pulling this sale. After changing the strings, I've fallen into love with this uke again. Funny how that works sometimes. Maybe I'll change my mind later but for now, I'm keeping it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom