Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NUD - Antica Ukuleleria Concert LIbero - Custom

That's beautiful! I ordered a Sacco in July, and he said I was on his build schedule for January. I hope it's no later than that. I don't like hearing about the extra delivery charges. I've never seen that before.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    That's beautiful! I ordered a Sacco in July, and he said I was on his build schedule for January. I hope it's no later than that. I don't like hearing about the extra delivery charges. I've never seen that before.
    Regarding the charges. Customs/Duty was "sort of" expected, but not the brokerage fee part. I started questioning the brokerage fee (once I determined it was levied/assessed by UPS), but after exchanges with UPS, decided to pursue the customs/duty charge, and on what basis it was calculated. After two lengthy "chat" sessions with UPS it was clear that their system wasn't geared toward answers. The chat advised calling ( Ha ! ) which I did... on "hold" for 23 minutes only to get bumped to a "call back" which never occurred. I called the local UPS office which was useless as they don't deal directly with those assessments. Similarly they provided no guidance as to-whom or from-where to get answers. A call to Homeland Security was futile as well. (Called the local airport to get a supervisor and possibly a referral) Their reply was that there is an ever-changing basis on which trade calculations are being made. (! n/s !) When I suggested that since this was a private sale, they did the equivalent "shoulder shrug" and said I'd have to deal directly with UPS brokerage which selected the value as part of the charge. So, I've created a written inquiry (as of last Friday) and will mail it when I can find an appropriate address.

FWIW, if the calculation was based on the value of the shipment, your cost will likely be much lower. I ordered two ukes from Marco... the other was a UFOS for my grandson. Your Sacco would be about a quarter to a third of what I spent.
    Last edited by Web_Parrot; 09-30-2020 at 03:27 AM.
    KoAloha KSM-10 Pikake ::: Kanile'a Islander MAPG-4-C ::: Kanile'a K-2 Super Concert ::: Kala KA-SSTU-S ::: Ohana SK-50G ::: Enya Nova U Concert ::: Kala KA-ABP-CTG Bari ::: Fender Montecito Tenor Koa ::: KoAloha Silver Anniversary KCM-00 #060 ::: Antica Ukuleleria Concert Libero ::: Pono TE-MD-R

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    I really like the looks of your new baby!
    We thank you for the compliment :-)
    KoAloha KSM-10 Pikake ::: Kanile'a Islander MAPG-4-C ::: Kanile'a K-2 Super Concert ::: Kala KA-SSTU-S ::: Ohana SK-50G ::: Enya Nova U Concert ::: Kala KA-ABP-CTG Bari ::: Fender Montecito Tenor Koa ::: KoAloha Silver Anniversary KCM-00 #060 ::: Antica Ukuleleria Concert Libero ::: Pono TE-MD-R

Thread Information