My new Pono MB-6

LarryL

Reaction score
Just this past week I received my new Pono Mb-6 guilele tuned E to E.
Having spent 56 years playing guitar , I missed the bottom 2 strings for various reasons...Travis picking and playing 3 note rhythm chords on strings 4, 5 and 6, etc. Anyway, I really like this instrument...looks beautiful to my eyes and sounds great and has an easy to play neck ! Unfortunately, I cut my hand 2 days after I got it and thus havent been able to play it that much, but with another week of healing I should be able to give it a good workout ! This is my 3rd uke from HMS...the others being an Opio tenor and a Pono baritone. BTW this one has a very nice archtop hard shell case with it.

Thanks to Susie on this forum for her input and leading me to this one !

I dont know why the pictures are sideways on here...on my computer they have the proper orientation...any help on that would be appreciated. Dont want people to have to lay on their side to view it !

Attachments

• guilele front.jpg
    guilele front.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 43
  • guilele back.jpg
    guilele back.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 23
  • guilele case.jpg
    guilele case.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 18
Congratulations, very nice! I am totally into this type of small sized guitar.

As for the pictures coming out sideways: Are you working from an Apple computer? They have a tendency to rotate the pictures on this forum.

Congratulations Larry, good looking instrument

Regarding the pictures, if you are using a phone take them in landscape mode, ie phone sideway not up and down. It seems counterintuitive but that’s the way it works.

So happy you finally got it Larry, and it looks fabulous! I'm glad you posted pics so we could see it. I sure hope you enjoy it (like I have enjoyed mine). We now officially have twin guilele's! I have played mine in A-a, G-g, and E-e. It does well with all 3, but I think everyone settles into what they like the best. When I play with my uke friends, I tune E-e, so I don't have to convert in my head. When I'm playing by myself, I love G-g. I have found that A-a is just too high pitched for how/what I play, but to each their own. I still use the D'Addario Pro Arte EJ46 Hard Tension strings on it. If I were to keep it in E-e, I'd switch to the D'Addario Pro Arte EJ44 Extra Hard Tension strings, as recommended by HMS. Is that what they put on yours?

Congrats! I tried playing one once, didn't have a bit of luck. Too many strings. They are nice to listen to.

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the Pono...I am taking it tomorrow to my guitar tech here in Tempe, Az...he seems to understand what I like and does his magic on it for my set up.
I really dont know what the strings are on it...I will talk to the tech and see what he says. I met a guitar buddy of mine today at Falcon Field Park and he brought his Martin Terza 6 string (steel strings as opposed to nylon)...he was very impressed with the tone and playability of the Pono baritone and this guitele. As far as the pictures are concerned, I am old style, but I used a Cannon digital camera and uploaded to my computer and rotated them so they looked correct on my computer, but when I uploaded them to this website, they came out rotated incorrectly. Oh well...you get the jest of it anyway.

Top Bottom