Thread: Best Guitalele/Guilele/Guitarlele under $300

Cool Best Guitalele/Guilele/Guitarlele under $300

Hi All,

I am in the market for a good, quality guitalele but under $300. So I know it won't be the best of the best but also something that is above beginner level.

What guitalele's do you own and what have been your budget friendly favorites? Could I get a solid top guitalele in this price range?

I have looked online but most of the sites give me either what's best for a beginner, or something wayyy to expensive.

Thanks and happy uke-ing!

Córdoba Mini with solid spruce top and laminated mahogany back and side is under $250. I have played a couple and have friends that own them, great instrument for the money. If you prefer guilele tuning of A-A the 20” scale length works well. Tuning down to E-E works but the shorter scale length is not the best for this.

The new Córdoba Mini II with a scale length of 22-3/4” is better for E-E and comes with a solid spruce top and a pick up for under $300.00. I have not played one of these but they have got good reviews.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

If you want 20" baritone scale, I'd agree with the Córdoba Mini. For 19", the Córdoba C1m I had really wasn't bad at all for only $140, though I believe it was laminate spruce top. For 17" scale, the Kala I had was also quite good with solid spruce top. I think it normally runs $250-300 though I got it for cheaper last Christmas.
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Southern Cross concert GCEA
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127
    Pelem, B reentrant
    Jupiter #71, A, UG1

!Flukutronic!

I agree that the Cordoba mini M is a great choice. I have one that lives in my car, and having replaced the crummy strings that came with it, it sounds fine tuned E-E.

I purchsed a used one cheap with a decent gig bag off Reverb, and have no regrets. You probably will need to do a setup, but almost every guitar from China will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krd0429 View Post
    Hi All,

I am in the market for a good, quality guitalele but under $300. So I know it won't be the best of the best but also something that is above beginner level.

What guitalele's do you own and what have been your budget friendly favorites? Could I get a solid top guitalele in this price range?

I have looked online but most of the sites give me either what's best for a beginner, or something wayyy to expensive.

Thanks and happy uke-ing!
    When I was looking for a guitar, I ran into the same problem as yours.
    I couldn't fit into the budget that I had and that I could afford. Of course, this is an important purchase, but I see no point in spending $ 500 on it, especially if you are a beginner and just learning. Reviews on this source helped to determine the choice https://www.guitarguide.xyz/ Thanks to this, I can choose also all the accessories I need, for example, recently, with the help of reviews, I picked up the right guitar pedals.
    Last edited by MarkDial; 12-22-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Thread Information