Instructions for uploading video to Use Talk

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Are there instructions on recommended ways to upload videos to threads on UU? I've looked but can't seem to find any.

Last edited:
I did some external investigation and posted a thread with a Dropbox link. I would appreciate people letting me know if that worked OK. Cheers!

Above the area where you type are a row of icons, the second from the right is the Insert Video choice, it looks like a film strip. Before you click that, hit two carriage returns at the end of your text so the video does not interfere. Click the film strip icon once and a little window will show where you enter the web address (URL) for the video.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thanks Mike. I hadn’t ever posted a video before but did know how to insert an image/video link. I finally found a place to store the video file (Dropbox in this instance) but was still wondering what online facility most UUers use to place their videos and still images when they want to upload them to the Forum.

You can upload image files directly for this forum to host for you. The vast majority of the videos I see posted here are hosted on YouTube. I suppose if the forum's video function doesn't work for your link, you can just post the link as a link and ask people to click on it and hope for the best. The forum does block links that it thinks are spam, though.

Thanks Mike. I hadn’t ever posted a video before but did know how to insert an image/video link. I finally found a place to store the video file (Dropbox in this instance) but was still wondering what online facility most UUers use to place their videos and still images when they want to upload them to the Forum.

I use YouTube for my videos, which I don't do often. I found that still images that are sent to the UU server only shows them as thumbnails, I have use a web hosting service for my web sites and store all my photos there so that when I post one here, it shows full size in the post.

YouTube for videos. Vimeo might also work. Imgur for stills

YouTube for videos. Vimeo might also work. Imgur for stills

Thanks Jim! It has been so long since I even posted stills that I forgot what hosting service I used. BTW, were you able to access the video I posted about my Barron River 8 String?

Last edited:
Thanks Jim! It has been so long since I even posted stills that I forgot what hosting service I used. BTW, were you able to access the video I posted about my Barron River 8 String?

I can use the dropbox link to view it in Dropbox but I can't get it to embed here

ETA: amazing instrument :drool:

Thanks for all the advice people. I uploaded the video to YouTube and copied the link to my Barron River 8 String Road Test post. That method shows a video image in the post. Great result.

Top Bottom