SOTU 451 "Stop! Desist! Just ...Don't!

OK ... bedtime here! Thank you to everyone who has posted today. I should love to stay up for the Vice Presidential Debate, but it's on at about 2 o'clock in the morning in France. And, on the subject of negativity .... er, well, please keep those bad vibes coming!

Season 451 - LOVE...The Movie by Andy Breckman. The title sounds like a very cheerful song. It's basically a movie script put to music.

Last edited:
an original song for the season.
Risdon Vale is a suburb on the outskirts of Hobart in Tasmania
and known for nothing else but being the location of
the only maximum security prison in the state in which i live.
kevin griffin played electric baritone ukuleles.
i played an acoustic baritone ukulele and sang the words.

Last edited:
a Shannon Lyon song for the season.
break ups aren't easy to negotiate.
it's a sad night...

And Good Morning & etc. from a dark and miserable France (it was SUPPOSED to be better today!) Very many thanks to Jim, Gerald and Jon who have come in "overnight." The Playlist is up-to-date. A special welcome to Gerald, making his first appearance here ... DO hope there will be more! Well, dear Seasonistas, it is cold, it is wet and it is dark here ... I need some accompanying misery for all this gloom! (Oh, and I forgot to mention there will be PRIZES - well, to be honest, I only thought of the idea yesterday - obviously only minor, meagre, very boring prizes that are totally fitting for the negativity that is Season 451!)

When researching this song I came across a strange historical fact that Oliver Cromwell
was responsible for sending both the Irish and the Scots to the Caribbean as
"white sugar cane slaves" they were known as "Redlegs" and their descendants are still
living on Barbados to this day. Here is a documentary that deals with the subject
"The Irish sugar slave of Barbados"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY4rDnb11bY

You don't love me (no, no, no, no)!

If ever a song just says 'No', it's this one, the Bo Diddley classic made famous by Dawn Penn. Very lo-fi recording, I'm afraid, lots of crackle & stutter, including during the solo. :(
But the first two recordings came out with no sound at all, & by the third, the neighbours were starting to bang on the walls! :D

Again probably just one from me this week - thanks for hosting Val.:)

Stephen ‘Tin Tin’ Duffy was a founding member of Duran Duran, but left before they made it big to pursue other musical projects. He had a couple of solo hits (‘Kiss Me’ and ‘Icing On The Cake’), both upbeat songs. This one is from the same album, but far more melancholy, and I’ve always loved it. Stick with it if you can - it builds from about a third of the way through, with some vocal harmonies in the mix too. :)

Contempary blues by the late great Mr Leon Redbone.Even when he sings a sad song there is always a touch of humour about the performence

The guitarist of our group "The Saturday Blues Project" came to me with a chord sequence he'd worked on. He thought it might be great to have a song about his favourite TV Series. "Sons of Anarchy" - I had never seen it, but he outlined what it was about and I drew on memories of some "Angels" I knew back in 1970s Manchester.

I am really pleased with the lyrics of this one. I think it is amongst the best songs I have ever written. Hope you agree.

Our Band has a much better version we hope to release on our new album. Meanwhile here is one that me and Garage Band put together.

And with Berni's fine interpretation of hell, it is time to draw a veil on this miserable day. Thank you to all who have contributed today to the wretchedness which is Season 451. I close with a quote from Eeyore, that icon of all things negative ....

images (3).png ... Despair all ye who enter here ...

Top Bottom