SOTU 451 "Stop! Desist! Just ...Don't!

For Seasons of the Ukulele # 451, Don't Let's Start written by one of my favorite bands, They Might Be Giants. Performed by me and Kevin Griffin. Artwork made in Open Canvas. Hope ya'll enjoy! Thanks again to Kev for his awesome electric ukulele!

So happy my eldest girl joined in on this one. She said this song gets to her every time. I remember it distinctly because I tried to play it on stage, thinking I could do so, the day after my parrot of 20 years passed away. I did not make it through this song without tearing up on stage. Embarrassing but, everyone there was like family.

I did this one at the beginning of the week and then completely forgot to post it. That is so me these days! The empty fish tank above the lit terrarium tank makes me sad because I could not save my large fish. A flower head Cichlid called Dwitter :(

Last edited:
So happy my eldest girl joined in on this one. She said this song gets to her every time. I remember it distinctly because I tried to play it on stage, thinking I could do so, the day after my parrot of 20 years passed away. I did not make it through this song without tearing up on stage. Embarrassing but, everyone there was like family.

Hi, Janet! Love this, but can't comment or add it to the Playlist as it says "contents made for children" ... could you possibly change this? Thanks!

And Good Morning & etc. from an unnecessarily cold, but not (at the moment) wet France. Some more wonderfully depressing contributions "overnight" from Daveey, Rex (and how WONDERFUL to see you here again, Sir!), Kimi (with Kev) and Janet. Thank you all! Remember that we still have just over a day left to run here ... please keep this outpouring of negativity flowing!

Unrequited love, the girl doesn't even know he exists and he's hundreds of miles away...I think it's depressing enough....

Besides, I always enjoy taking Myanmar pop songs and Aglicizing the lyrics... I'll probably soon find out that Myanmar song was itself a copy of another song, most likely in English.

http://https://youtu.be/OS-D_GRHQes

i've been unsure how to take this week since i saw the introductory video so i'll just add these words
despair and misery is where some people live and many don't survive it
'happiness' is a mask they sometimes wear
i also believe there is lot going on in the world to which concern and worry are a valid reaction
levity and humour - yep - as long as we don't use it to dismiss or ignore important emotional issues

it's been a beaut season Val - hosted attentively and well as you always do

and an interesting and thought provoking theme inspiring lots of great songs

just trying to say that for some this stuff is very real

Last edited:
Insensitive - my attempt at a song by Jann Arden released too many years ago.

Well, since I didn’t see the rule of no previously posted songs I’m going to slip a couple through the loophole. I know they won’t count but that’s okay. I have to have access to a computer and my phone at the same time to record something for the Seasons. Plus, I just don’t have that privilege right now so, here for you to hear again is… Concrete Angel by Martina McBride.

i've been unsure how to take this week since i saw the introductory video so i'll just add these words
despair and misery is where some people live and many don't survive it
'happiness' is a mask they sometimes wear
i also believe there is lot going on in the world to which concern and worry are a valid reaction
levity and humour - yep - as long as we don't use it to dismiss or ignore important emotional issues

it's been a beaut season Val - hosted attentively and well as you always do

and an interesting and thought provoking theme inspiring lots of great songs

just trying to say that for some this stuff is very real

Hear hear
Probably for all of us - at some time or another, and another, and another...
And for some poor folks, their whole lives

“No one here gets out alive”

“We’re all in this together”

Top Bottom