SOTU 451 "Stop! Desist! Just ...Don't!

when the black dog is about i'm more inclined to believe that the inane happy songs are pointless and a waste of time....

music is a tonic for me - happy and sad and troubled and peaceful and protesting and celebrating and ........

some of the comments on the screen in the intro vid did cut a bit close to the bone

but

thanks for the season Val

Last edited:
what Brian said.
the black dog is on the prowl.
two rooms of yours, one with the runner and the other with the runaway.

how do you get back OK?
did you spend what you'd hoped to hide?

And you are on a roll of negativity ... especially, Mr. Duncan! (Brian, I'm sorry ... it was never my intention to upset anyone with the intro; it was all intended in fun. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am an unbelievably and irritatingly positive person.)

how much bleaker can you get than suicide?
there was red smoke in the water and all the doubts we had.

miserable country song.Loved the introductory Video

Haha, my blood type is B positive. Does that surprise anyone?

Nevertheless I had this weird negative song idea the other day, so ... here we go!

Wow what a wonderful theme and peefect fit for my life at present, ive got some original words just need to put them to music,will try my best to get something done,fab theme Lil x

I think we're catching the edge of the miserable weather over France. Yesterday rained all day, not very heavy but it never stopped. It's raining now. Anyway, I had an enjoyable morning going through a selection of miserable songs. All bar one had at least one death and the one without a death dealt with transportation to Tasmania (Sorry Jon)

Out of that wonderful selection, I chose this one. The funny thing about miserable songs is they are often very beautiful. This is no exception.

Bedtime here in a rather waterlogged France. Very many thanks to everyone who has contributed today ... by my count we have 14 videos. (Please let me know if I have inadvertently left you off the Playlist.) I retire with a heavy heart after all that negativity, but I am strong, I can cope ... so please keep the misery coming!

This one is definitely not for the children...This is one of my favorite songs, originally recorded by Tim Curry and later covered (and cleaned up) by Joe Bonamassa. This is the Curry version--so be forewarned, there are at least 6 f-bombs contained within.

such a beautiful melancholy steve earle song - i've never done it the justice it deserves but i keep trying - it may be my favourite song

Last edited:
a song about dying.
words Edgar Lee Masters, music Richard Buckner.

Jazz standard. I like Chet Baker's version. He does resolute sadness good. Some nice jazz chords but no trumpet.

And Good(?) Morning/Afternoon/Evening fellow, suffering Seasonistas! Late start this morning (overslept after getting up in the night to deal with ageing and ailing dog) and it is STILL raining!!! Oh dear ... I need more doom and gloom to cheer me up! Many thanks to Luis, Brian, Jon and John, whose songs came in during my "overnight." Please keep the misery coming ...

Top Bottom