SOTU 451 "Stop! Desist! Just ...Don't!

LimousinLil

Reaction score
Good morning/good afternoon/good evening, Seasonistas! Now, it occurs to me that everyone has been having far too much fun this week ... and it has to STOP!!! Please watch the attached video for details ... I think I have covered everything.

If you have any queries, please form an orderly queue and I will do my best to answer your questions, but, just bear in mind, all this frivolity needs to come to an end!

Meanwhile, please remember that Jon's amazingly prolific alphabet week still has more than a day to run and I am sure he will be most disappointed if you don't all get to "Z!"

[video]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHFDjTj2zZYyp9HZR6nbuWv-Kxs162LTw[/video]PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Lol, fun video, Val! I think we can have some fun with this theme.

I just had the weirdest idea for a mashup last night, which I thought might not be such a great idea, since it's kind of a negative theme.
So I guess I'm gonna have to do that now!

PS, UkeFoote was just wondering on the open mic about when we were going to see your Season theme posted ... and you posted it right in the middle of his song, about 1 minute after he said that!

Thanks for hosting Val! It should be a miserable week ~

This is going to suck. I am already frustrated at my inability to get anywhere with my (ok, maybe not so) simple A song for the current week, and I just destroyed the third neck on my intended-to-be license plate reso-baritone. It now aims to be a square neck lap steel to reduce the carving. Amazon was supposed to deliver a router bit for it yesterday, but sent just an empty bag (really!) and this morning my delivery (not-uke related) was delivered into the recycle bin (also really! Would not have found it if it were not on camera) Now this? Now you want me to be more miserable? Aaaaaaargh!

Ok. For inspiration (not that I need it ;) ) I am putting on Spotify’s “Life Sucks” playlist. Yes, that’s a thing. And UU will probably snip that off at the apostrophe

Last edited:
I just hope John in the North doesn’t show up with his terrible puns. He’s such a naysayer. Really casts a negative pall over a season.
By the way my blood type is B negative. A blood group and a life philosophy!

I hate this! :D

Folk music is Well known for miserable songs so shouldn't be a problem - unless family, life and little bugs get in the way as they did last Week!

Just now seeing the results of heavy rain in parts of France - hope all is well with you Val!

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Brian! The weather here suddenly changed a few days ago from still being almost summery to non-stop rain. It is thoroughly miserable at the moment (VERY appropriate for this week). We are about two-thirds of the way down France ... I think it is worse down in the far south, especially in the Nice area, where houses have been washed away.

Not really here yet ... but thanks for the comments. Wendy, Kev, Rick, Meredith and Geoff ... you are entering the week in the right spirit. John, you have an inbuilt blood-group-related advantage, and Rob ... after that tragic story, I simply don't know what to say!

thank you for this week Val.
a Richard Buckner song for the season.

Thanks for hosting Val. Here's a Chris Isaak lovelorn tune.
If that handsome fellow struggles in the love department what hope have old codgers like me got!:)

And this miserable week is on the road! Big thanks to our first contributors, Charley, Rob, Jon, Brian and John! Feeling suitably depressed here ... time to get lunch, I think. After a bit of a struggle, the Playlist is up and running. (If my response is a bit slow in the next few hours, it's because the Internet is on go-slow ... it doesn't like the torrential rain that we're having at the moment.)

Top Bottom