Simply stunning Ono

pmorey

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
If you have not seen this video from Davids Facebook, do yourself a favor and take a look. You may want to have a drool rag handy.

Thanks for posting this. I am indeed drooling right now. :drool:

It's just stunning. The silver Sitka top is remarkable.

That's just gorgeous! If I'm ever in a position to be able to commission a custom uke. David is at the top of my list.

Ono in Hawaiian means "good to eat", and yeah, this one looks mighty tasty! Perfect occasion to bring it back around! Thanks!

At about 50 seconds in the video in the original post, he shows off the front soundboard of the ukulele. The first impression is grey, but it really is a palette of colors with hints of gold, tan, green, and grey. In person, it is captivatingly beautiful in appearance. The photo in post #5 from his FB post is less "accurate" in its appearance.

I have firsthand experience with this wood because Allen at Barron Rivers built from this tree on my custom concert. But when I received it and requested it for a soprano, he said his last pieces were spoken for.

So if the scale and tone (sounds great for fingerpicking in Mika's video for Ukulele Friend, see post #4) suits you, I would recommend you jump on this. Price is much lower than I would have guessed.

Top Bottom