Spraygun recommendation

Big Dipper

Reaction score
Spraygun recommendation Looking to buy a new spraygun.
Any recommendation on a decent gravity fed gun. would a touch up gun do the job

Some questions:
1- Where are you?
2- How many instruments do you make?
3- Professional or hobby?
4- What will you be spraying? (nitro, poly, shellac, opaque paint colors?)

Fuji is good (with a turbine)

Any spray gun needs a decent sized air compressor to work, so factor that in too. min would be 21 gallon

For a long time I used a DeVilbiss SRi Pro spot repair gun with gravity feed and it did a really nice job but I switched over to a Fuji. It is a Mini Mite 4 with the T75G gravity feed and I really like this one. Sometimes I almost don't think I need to final sand and buff, but I do.

Right now I have a titan turbine system that I used to spray cabinets and furniture.
I was hoping to get some thing gravity fed it would be easier to clean I’ll be spraying Water based products
Just relocated in South Florida and humidity is a killer I also have a large compressor in my shop thank you

I suppose you could buy any gravity gun that fits a turbine system- like a Fuji 5175G-T75G
You need stainless steel gun.

If your a hobby builder, just get something from Harbour freight for $40 instead of $340-
One is better off buying more wood and becoming a better builder than being a crap builder with an amazing gun.

The only difference between a great gun and cheap one is (usually) a bit more sanding due to orange peel. The end result once sanded and buffed is exactly the same.- Same with rattle cans.

I use a Titan Flexspray fine finish sprayer. It is an HVLP air assisted sprayer with a cup gun which is easy to adjust for different viscosities and easy to clean up. It also is self contained in the hand unit so it does not require a separate compressor, and is used by professional painters.

Crap builder
I assume that is Tonge in cheek. A crap builder would not even care to post a question here. I've had projects that I would consider crap that will not see the light of day, maybe the fire place. Still they are valuable learning experiences.

UU will not stand for comments like this. Rule #1 - Don’t be a jerk. Banned for a month.

You were referring to yourself, and I am an idiot. Please accept my apology.

Actually I think it might have been one of those cut off posts and Big Dipper wasn't casting any negatives, but we will never know... Glad to see you are watching though seeso.

Thank you to everyone who made recommendations on which spraygun to choose.
Also I was taken by surprise that someone would think you were a crap builder if you were looking for a recommendation.

We are all crap builders until we aren't. The difference is usually about 5-10 instruments.

Indeed, there is always an element of "will this one sound good?"- that thought never goes away....for me at least.

It is difficult to know where to throw money at when starting out- still for me after almost 20 years.

Don’t want to be a crap builder. Have used hand applied Tru-Oil with pretty good results. But the HF gravity guns are appealing (price wise, of course). Will they make a musical instrument into a crap build? Just asking for a friend.

Top Bottom