Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spraygun recommendation

Default Spraygun recommendation

Spraygun recommendation Looking to buy a new spraygun.
    Any recommendation on a decent gravity fed gun. would a touch up gun do the job

Some questions:
    1- Where are you?
    2- How many instruments do you make?
    3- Professional or hobby?
    4- What will you be spraying? (nitro, poly, shellac, opaque paint colors?)

Fuji is good (with a turbine)

Any spray gun needs a decent sized air compressor to work, so factor that in too. min would be 21 gallon

For a long time I used a DeVilbiss SRi Pro spot repair gun with gravity feed and it did a really nice job but I switched over to a Fuji. It is a Mini Mite 4 with the T75G gravity feed and I really like this one. Sometimes I almost don't think I need to final sand and buff, but I do.
    My Real name is Terry Harris

Right now I have a titan turbine system that I used to spray cabinets and furniture.
    I was hoping to get some thing gravity fed it would be easier to clean I’ll be spraying Water based products
    Just relocated in South Florida and humidity is a killer I also have a large compressor in my shop thank you

I suppose you could buy any gravity gun that fits a turbine system- like a Fuji 5175G-T75G
    You need stainless steel gun.

If your a hobby builder, just get something from Harbour freight for $40 instead of $340-
    One is better off buying more wood and becoming a better builder than being a crap builder with an amazing gun.

The only difference between a great gun and cheap one is (usually) a bit more sanding due to orange peel. The end result once sanded and buffed is exactly the same.- Same with rattle cans.

I use a Titan Flexspray fine finish sprayer. It is an HVLP air assisted sprayer with a cup gun which is easy to adjust for different viscosities and easy to clean up. It also is self contained in the hand unit so it does not require a separate compressor, and is used by professional painters.

Crap builder

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dipper View Post
    Crap builder
    I assume that is Tonge in cheek. A crap builder would not even care to post a question here. I've had projects that I would consider crap that will not see the light of day, maybe the fire place. Still they are valuable learning experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dipper View Post
    Crap builder
    UU will not stand for comments like this. Rule #1 - Don’t be a jerk. Banned for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by seeso View Post
    UU will not stand for comments like this. Rule #1 - Don’t be a jerk. Banned for a month.
    You were referring to yourself, and I am an idiot. Please accept my apology.

Thread Information