Watching the auction for Tyde Sinker Redwood Claro Walnut Custom Baritone

Doc_J

Reaction score
Anybody else watching the auction for the Tyde Sinker Redwood Claro Walnut Custom Baritone? Gorgeous uke. Very cool build story too.
Making ukes from wood meant for gun stocks.

Auction ends I think tonight or tomorrow.

That rose rosette is amazing!
https://theukulelesite.com/auction-tyde-redwood-walnut-custom-baritone.html

tyde_mike_love_baritone-01.jpg

Last edited:
Oh My God!

Believe auction has ended, but there is no info on what the winning bid was. When I checked yesterday, there were only two bids.

Interesting in that Baritone is such a specialized size and so interest had to be very limited. There would likely had been a much greater number of bids if they had something similar in a tenor size.

Does anyone see the bidding interface? Says it ends tonight at midnight Hawaii time.

I have seen it in the past few days but I can't get it to load right now in either Chrome or Edge while logged into my TUS account.

Last edited:
Yes, I’ve been following the auction for that lovely instrument! Last I saw, yesterday, two bids - think it was at $5.6k maybe?

Hmmmm... I see the bari still listed on the site, but, indeed, the auction part is gone now. I’d definitely be curious what it sold for.

Believe auction has ended, but there is no info on what the winning bid was. When I checked yesterday, there were only two bids.

Interesting in that Baritone is such a specialized size and so interest had to be very limited. There would likely had been a much greater number of bids if they had something similar in a tenor size.

Does anyone see the bidding interface? Says it ends tonight at midnight Hawaii time.

I have seen it in the past few days but I can't get it to load right now in either Chrome or Edge while logged into my TUS account.

Hmmmm... I see the bari still listed on the site, but, indeed, the auction part is gone now. I’d definitely be curious what it sold for.

The auction closed on Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 11:59PM (Midnight) Hawaii time.
Congrats to the lucky winner. Can't see what the winning price was or who won. Last I saw it was up to $5,600.

Last edited:
I recently joined UU and just noticed this post. I have this wonderful Baritone. Here's a few pics. Thinking about selling it for funds for new instruments. But difficult decision to let it go.

Attachments

• IMG_2663.jpg
    IMG_2663.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2664.jpg
    IMG_2664.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2666.jpg
    IMG_2666.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2667.jpg
    IMG_2667.jpg