Better tenor cases

mwilson

Reaction score
Picking up a new 8 string tenor build soon and starting to shop tenor uke cases. Hard case only. Max price 300-400? but open. (I have a $700 case for my mandolin :eek:) Quality look, durable construction, and protective for travel. I prefer the form fit cases to keep footprint small as possible but open to rectangle. Guardian is a fine case but looking for next level of build quality. Ordering online so will have to rely on pictures and review/recommendation.

Any tenor uke hard case recommendations with above parameters that I should check out? Thx!! Mark

Crossrock fiberglass cases are nice
Kala makes a similar one
Ron

Picking up a new 8 string tenor build soon and starting to shop tenor uke cases. Hard case only. Max price 300-400? but open. (I have a $700 case for my mandolin :eek:) Quality look, durable construction, and protective for travel. I prefer the form fit cases to keep footprint small as possible but open to rectangle. Guardian is a fine case but looking for next level of build quality. Ordering online so will have to rely on pictures and review/recommendation.

Any tenor uke hard case recommendations with above parameters that I should check out? Thx!! Mark

I suggest contacting Access by telephone (see 877 number at the bottom of their webpage). Give them the measurements of your acquisition and see if they have one that fits. Whilst they advertise guitar/base bags and cases, they do custom work for a number of builders (the Romeros for example), and may have something that meets your requirement. I contacted them for a case for my Antica Libero (smaller/thinner with narrowing curved back) than standard concerts and they had a number of suggestions that helped.

https://www.accessbagsandcases.com

+1 on the Crossrock fiberglass cases. Found mine on sale for about $130.

Attachments

• Crossrock 3.jpg
    Crossrock 3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Crossrock 1.jpg
    Crossrock 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 24
Crossrock fiberglass cases are nice
Kala makes a similar one
Ron

Yes, they are very nice cases, and the price is reasonable. On Amazon, the prices vary according to color. There is something online about modifying a case to make it a perfect fit for your uke. The guy removed all the interior and cut rigid foam to fit the uke. Then he covered the foam with fabric. If I can find it, I'll post a link. I'm sure it was posted here, too.

I agree with fiberglass for a standard off-the-shelf case. Max protection for the money.

Ameritage cases are excellent. I believe Hive & Ono use them. As did (does?) Collings. You can get customized cases from them to your level of protection.

Your 8-string may have a longer o/a length than a typical tenor. So you may need a custom case.

I found a longer case on Mim's site for my 8-string. It's good, for home and a gig or two, but I wouldn't recommend it for airline or frequent travels.

Thx! so far...

Crossrock fiberglass
Ameritage
Access

Top Bottom